The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What do you do with...

temi

affiliate
I see some people register at this forum, they do not post or introduce themselves and they go and register at another of my forums (probably not realising the forums are connected) , still not post and then on to yet another forum.

How do you handle such registration as a forum owner?

Hi all, I find it strange why people take the time to register and then never bother to post.

As my forum uses integrated with the directories theres not a lot I can do, other than remove their home page link and if they don't have a listing posted in the directory.. delete their account after 12 months.

I try to play nice with everyone. (my Mum told me too, God bless her)

Mike :)

I don't wait for 12 months, I delete in active accounts around about 6 weeks, I delete blatant spam within a few days.

When you forum gets busy you will see that you just can't wait for 12 months. There was a time we had several thousands of registered users at this forum over 5,000 accounts were not active, it just clogs up you db and make you think your forum is larger than it actually is.

I email everyone periodically and ask them to confirm to me that they wish to remain a member. I remove their homepage link. On my rugby forum there are two areas that only members can read and post to. Many peopoe join to read them. I am happy about it.

I think a period emailer could bring members back to the forum. I don't own a forum therefore have no personal experience with it. :D

They'll come back sooner or later.

I mean if u got something which interests your viewer or your viewer is comfortable with, they'll come back.

MI
Back