The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What are you targeting in 2006? This may help.

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Looking at the hot holiday sellers for 2005 and top retail destinations could provide some clues about products you may want to promote in 2006. Here are a couple hot lists I discovered that I thought may be helpful for affiliates.

The 1st list comes from Adventures in Net Marketing: http://www.adventuresinnetmarketing.com/2005/12/amazons_best_of.html "If you've been thinking about the directions your affiliate marketing business will be taking in 2006, the Amazon "Best of 2005" List is a good place to start some nice brainstorming."

From the Amazon press release - Best Selling Products - The following is a list of the best selling products on Amazon.com in 2005 by total units sold:

~ Books: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
~ Music: X&Y by Coldplay
~ DVD: Star Wars Episode III- Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen Edition)
~ Electronics: 2GB iPod Nano (black)
~ Home & Garden: Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 8-1/2-Quart Saucier with Lid
~ Health & Personal Care: Airborne Effervescent Health Formula Dietary Supplement, Orange
~ Computer & Video Games: Madden NFL 2006
~ Tools & Hardware: Jorgensen 50XXX 3/4" Pony Pipe Clamp Fixture
~ Apparel & Accessories: Columbia Bugaboo Jacket
~ Shoes: Tommy Hilfiger Women's Erin Slipper
~ Sports & Outdoors: Premium Diamond Suited Poker Chip Set w/6 Free Dealer Buttons
~ Jewelry: Sterling Silver Eternity Cross Pendant, 20"
~ Watches: Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver S2 Watch
~ Beauty: philosophy candy cane shower gel and bubble bath
~ Gourmet Food: Imported Chocolate Truffles (2 lbs) from Winning Gifts and Flowers

Here is another list that may help you target where some of your marketing efforts go this year. According to ComScore, here are the top 10 most visited stores for holiday shopping in 2005:

1. eBay
2. Amazon
3. Wal-Mart
4. Apple Computer
5. Target
6. Dell
7. ToysRUs sites
8. Overstock.com
9. Best Buy
10. Circuit City

Happy Selling in 2006. Hope your year gets off to a good strong start!

So what new niches are you going to tackle this year? (I know you if told me on a public forum, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot!) :p

banners
Back