The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are top SEO ranking factors?

ghanistha

Banned
Quality of content on the webpage, quality and quantity of backlinks to the webpage, anchor text used in the backlinks, social sharing metrics and some other traffic metrics like bounce rate and average time on the webpage.

From my point of view quality content is most important for seo ranking factor. Definitely you are right.

Top ten seo ranking factor are as follows:

1. Age of Domain
2. Domain Hosting
3. Your Neighbors
4. Content
5. URL structure
6. Internal link structure
7. Trust
8. Keyword
9. Bounce Rate
10. Inbound and outbound link

Top ten seo ranking factor are as follows:

1. Age of Domain
2. Domain Hosting
3. Your Neighbors
4. Content
5. URL structure
6. Internal link structure
7. Trust
8. Keyword
9. Bounce Rate
10. Inbound and outbound link

This is 90s stuff. Ranking is no longer an easy game. It has no rule as it depends on niche and competition.

Bounce rate, hosting, domain age.... Come on. Do some seo, come back and write from experience. Why are you misleading people??

The first is the quality of the content (including seo on page), the right keywords, plus high quality backlinks with social bookmarking

This is a topic of such low quality it hurts. Like it is made for people to boost post count, while also deluding themselves and others. I mean, come on, what kind of answers are "use bookmarking site high page rank" or "quality first". These are just spam, plain and simple.

SEO is not just leaving blog comments, writing articles for directories and posting forum signatures. It is a relatively complex field, which is obviously misunderstood and mystified by many even at its most basic level. I say relatively complex, because there is so much misinformation that can be cleared out just by taking literary a few hours to read actually helpful resources.

Thus, I would recommend 2 MUST READ ebooks. It shouldn't take you more than 4-5 hours to go trough both.

The first one is, of course, SEO MOZ beginners guide to SEO:
SEO: The Free Beginner?s Guide From SEOmoz

The second recourse I would recommend is an awesome 100 page ebook written by Dan Theis, a guy who made this ebook back when we had no idea what SEO was. He updates it every two years, so the info is pretty fresh (this latest one is from the end of 2011):
http://dant-seorl.s3.amazonaws.com/SEOFS2011Free.pdf

When you set aside those 4 to 5 hours and read trough these 2 resources, you will have a much better idea about SEO, ranking factors etc., and will surely stop believing in myths like PR is an important factor or no-follow links don't bring value or that you have to have an exact 3% of keyword you are trying to rank for in each text.

Here are some shoestring marketing ideas that can help you get the visitors you need at the least cost possible. Create the best content, make it easy for users, rank well in the search engines, submit articles and then post a link to your site.

You know, when you put it that way, making a car is easy too! First, gather the tools. Next, gather the parts needed. Finally, put them all together and make the car! Now how helpful was this for someone making a car? It was at least as helpful as your post is to someone looking for SEO ranking factors ...

If you are asking about the weight that different factors of your website hold in your ranking, then look no further than this:

hxxp://searchengineland.com/figz/wp-content/seloads/2011/06/Periodic-Table-v2-bolder.png - [REPLACE hxxp with http - can't post links yet]

Content is still king. Especially post Penguin / Panda.

From my experience, social signals are becoming more important every day. Social media is holding more and more weight in search engine rankings, especially Google, so don't neglect it!

Twitter, Facebook and Google+ are all helpful!

Hope that helps some of you.

As far as I see it "content is king" is just pure bullshit. Especially after Panda which was hectic ON PURPOSE. It made a mess of results in order to deter people from doing SEO, because now results are uncertain no matter what "SEO" you do. There are loads of sites ranking without content!

Check this post:

http://source-wave.com/what-100-works-post-penguin/

his site ddrol.com/ with 1300 exact searches a month ranks for "D Drol" phrase. See how much original king worthy content it has.

Very interesting post.

Wonder what the backlink profile of that site looks like.

Its probably ranking well now but if you want longevity you have to produce at least half decent content.

I've no doubt that there are sites out there bucking the trend, but as a general rule, good quality sites rank better than sites with poor quality content.

In this age of internet marketing blackhat SEO tactics are OUT. Search engines as well as users are way too smart for these tactics anymore. "K"ontent is King. People are looking for specific information and want this faster then ever and websites that are highyl niched and have quality, fresh content with organic backlinks to other relative websites and vise versa will rank higher then anyone else. Age does provide some extra kick but isnt everything I know of every old sites that dont rank well because they havent put in the time every day building their presence up. Quality SEO takes time. Page load time as well as dead links will devistate your page rankings. There are companies that can get you on the right track but a little education will go a long way and help save you money. I guess that goes for anything...but we all know as well that time is money.

I read the previous post and yes i agree. penguin did mess a lot of stuff up and. yes...quality content sites did get hurt. but this does not relieve good marketers from the obligation from providing good quality content. in the end when the clouds clear it will always come back to this....basics.

I read the previous post and yes i agree. penguin did mess a lot of stuff up and. yes...quality content sites did get hurt. but this does not relieve good marketers from the obligation from providing good quality content. in the end when the clouds clear it will always come back to this....basics.

I absolutely agree with you. I am also strongly in favor of actually delivering value (even if I break TOS of a service, I still deliver value to the reader, or so I like to think). But as far as optimizing the site for Google goes, it just isn't true that content will win vs. blackhat link building (and if you are building links actively, or paying for them, it's blackhat).

I have to add that I am not against blackhat or spam either. If people can get away with it and earn money, more power to them. In the end most CPA is also very grey hat, especially the email/ zip submits. And I mean that starting from the advertiser, the fish always smells from the head downwards.

I would agree that blatant blackhat link building, one that 99% of people do, is going to get the site penalized sooner or later. But I also believe the goal of these people is to earn some cash while they can - that's cool.

But after time passes I also believe people realize that these "quick fix" solutions that are earning today and get penalized tomorrow are not something that will earn them a long term passive income, which is my goal, as well as for many others. So we change strategy and go for longer term, more white hat (or less black ;)) tactics and disperse the traffic sources as much as possible.
I believe they key is not to rely on any source to a huge extent. And I also believe this can only be achieved when we deliver quality on constant basis. Then the viral effect and word of mouth then happen naturally. That is certainly the best exposure one can get.

banners
Back