The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

what are the benefits of high alexa ranking?

The benefit of having a high alexa ranking is that others will view your website as being legitimate. Essentially on alexa, you are being judged based on the traffic your website receives, thus people logically assume that more traffic equals a better website. Sadly those of us who work online are all to familiar with how untrue that is. The quality of a website is much more about content than traffic and it's very easy to purchase cheap traffic to inflate your alexa ranking.

The benefit of having a high alexa ranking is that others will view your website as being legitimate. Essentially on alexa, you are being judged based on the traffic your website receives, thus people logically assume that more traffic equals a better website. Sadly those of us who work online are all to familiar with how untrue that is. The quality of a website is much more about content than traffic and it's very easy to purchase cheap traffic to inflate your alexa ranking.

perfect response. for thsoe that know, it really means nothing for those that dont, it def means something

and how do you achieve this?

K, It should be pretty easy for you to get a high Alexa ranking. Your Alexa rank is already pretty decent for a new site, you just have to get more legitimate sites linking back to you.

I linked back to you from the CPATank blog which should help you since it gets quite a bit of traffic.

You are not going to gain high Alexa rankings if you don't have enough traffic. For you to increase your Alexa rankings, you need to promote your business online by doing marketing stuffs such as Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, and Email Marketing. Other than traffic, you will need to gain popularity, authority and brand as well.

Alexa ranking is very importtant for a website if you love your website and want to take it to next level. Alexa ranking is nothing if you just open blogger, Make some post and dont care if it is even getting a single visitor...

If you have a good alexa rankings then Direct advertisers will trust you, High rankings means High trust, etc...

The main key of having a high ranking is TRAFFIC.. If your website is getting traffic then Alexa is monitoring that and ranking your website as your traffic increases or decreases.

Are the points clear?

Regards
~Sam~

Having a high Alexa rank means that your site appears to be more authorative and legitimate for the visitors of your site. These ranking is assigned to any website depending upon the number of visits that come through the alexa toolbar that is installed in your web browser . Alaska makes use of this toolbar installed on web browsers to collect some other data and to count the number of visits that come to any site through this toolbar. The more number of visits through alexa toolbar the greater is the Alexa ranking of any site.

In my opinion, there are no benefits of high alexa ranking. Its just an indicator of how many people visit your website. It will no way impact your website rankings, PR or revenue. Visitors to your website unless, being internet marketers themselves, will not look at Alexa rank. So, I would not invest much on improving alexa rank.

From my point of view the Alexa ranking is using the number of individuals with the Alexa tool that are looking your site. Given that a lot of individuals don't have the Alexa tool it won't give you a absolutely precise perspective of what kind of visitors you are getting.

An Alexa rank of a website seems to be important because advertising companies rely on this ranking to determine the cost for placing advertisements in a certain website. Many advertisers and ad networks use Alexa Rank to determine the website's value of advertising, as examples; Text Link Ads, Sponsored Reviews and ReviewMe are such advertising companies.

Alexa ranking really no longer holds much value. In order to obtain Alexa ranking your visitors must have the Alexa installed on their browser. This is how Alexa tracks the visitors and bounce rates. It is a very basic system. I personally would not worry about Alexa ranking, I would focus on the search engines, Google, Bing and Yahoo. In the long run this will be a much bigger payoff then a high Alexa ranking.

Alexa is a general indication of the traffic your site receives, but only becomes somewhat accurate as your ranking betters. It can be meaningful if you get in the top few thousand. But by artificially boosting your traffic you are only fooling yourself and boosting someone elses bank account.

Alexa provide global ranking for the website, alexa ranking is important for the advertising of the companies so that they can decide the cost of advertising which are placing on a certain website.

An Alexa rank of a website seems to be important because advertising companies rely on this ranking to determine the cost for placing advertisements in a certain website. Many advertisers and ad networks use Alexa Rank to determine the website's value of advertising, as examples; Text Link Ads, Sponsored Reviews and ReviewMe are such advertising companies.

I still don't think Alexa is all that accurate - although i do like the compare traffic tool!

Sponsored Reviews and Blogvertisers normally pay attention on the Alexa Rank. They utilize this information to decide if a review be should obtained for the blog or website. However, not every one has Alexa tool bar so the traffic rankings are estimates only. Hence the criticism levelled at Alexa from some quarters.

If have good ranks in Alexa then advertisers will trust on site more... rich rank means extra trust.... nothing else... think so.....

MI
Back