The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What Are The Actual Steps To Get Started In CPA?

digitalceo95

affiliate
First off I just want to say that I really like this forum. It's so different from other forums in that people don't jump down your throat if you ask a simple question. I know forum etiquette so I have searched for the answer but to no avail. But my main questions are the following.

1. First I hear it is not necessary to have a site.
But then I hear you should build a blog or landing page around your keywords
But after that I have read that some CPA networks frown on this.

Which is the correct info?

2. I have read on this and other forums that some networks don't accept newbies.
But then I have read that some don't care if you are a newbie,they just want to
weed out frauds.

Could the truth be a mix of the two? Because everyone in every industry was a "newbie" at one time or another.

3. I have read (which I agree with 100%)that you should be honest in the application
and phone interview.
But I have also read (and have a copy of but won't use) "guides" on what to say in
the phone interviews. And I have read threads here where the experienced CPA ex-
perts have said they know those tricks also and have posted the same "guide".

Of course honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. But for us newbies we have to start somewhere. I want to start the right way so I can not only make money and have longevity but help others. Sorry to be so long winded but I want to understand this industry. My final question is this:

What do you need first in order(1,2,3,etc): CPA Network,traffic source,landing page or blog(your own)landing page(provided by the network) vertical(how do you choose one?)

Thanks everyone,I love this forum! I try to check in at least once a day :)

Let me try and answer your questions:

1. It is good to have a site but not necessary. Having a site merely indicates that you may have basic knowledge of internet marketing since promoting offers on a website is the most basic form of CPA marketing. If you don't have a site you better be aware of what PPC or PPV is because then that is you will promote offers.

2. Here's my take on this - Imagine for a moment that you are a sales manager and consider yourself having a sales team. If members in your team don't make sales it affects your performance as a Sales Manager correct? Similarly any CPA agency would like all their affiliates to be doing well so that THEY do well too. On the other hand you never know how a new salesman will turn out to be. He may well turn out to be a star or maybe not. So that is why some agencies accept newbies and some don't.

Everyone wants to stay clear of frauds don't we?

3. If honesty dictates that you answer every question that the AM asks you with an "Er..I don't know" what in your opinion are the chances of getting accepted? Well, guides are good start and so are forums like this. Start somewhere, yeah, but point is do please START!

Makes sense?

That's what I mean when I say this forum is not like others IMHO! Thanks for your prompt answers and yes they do make sense!:D:D:D

Honesty gets you a long way in this industry, what perry said was correct - if you need help getting into any networks let me know and ill see what i can do.

Pm me with a network you would like to get into.

MI
Back