The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What are Angles?

Hi,

What are angles?
Is it the approach? I am really lost .. haha.
They say, the landers needs to be tested, ad copy needs to be tested, and Angles need to be tested.
I asked it coz I can't seem to find some good post about this angle thing in Google (or because I am noob)

Can anyone please post it in details or make examples for us?

Thanks a lot

You are correct. The angle or slant of written content is the way you approach it. You can take one subject and write about it from a number of different perspectives.

For example: if your landing page is about a paid download, you can do one version that targets a specific age or social group and says the download will associate them with the popular crowd already using it; another that tells the potential buyer why or how your download will make their life easier/better; yet another version will let them know that your download will make them crazy sexy.

I've never done this for a landing page, so those examples may be preposterous but hopefully, you get the idea.

If I were writing articles around the topic of strawberries, I'd consider:

- strawberry recipes
- strawberries as a natural food cure
- homemade strawberry facial masks
- dried strawberries - how to and uses (2 articles)
- drinks made with strawberries
- etc. maybe even how to grow and preserve them
- why you should eat strawberries
- why you shouldn't eat strawberries
- how strawberries make you healthier
- etc., etc.

Most of the information comes one research session yet gives me enough info for a bunch of articles, each using a different slant (approach).

Sorry, I've probably over explained in my attempt to simplify. I tend to.

Brilliant example by azgold.

Also think of it in terms of demographics and targeting, angles for a dating site might include targeting sports fans or people with different hobbies.

As mentioned above, it's about a number of different perspectives

Thank, Andy!

I forgot to mention that I do a keyword check first, to make sure there are people wanting to read that particular slant. Well, unless I'm simply writing something just because I want to. :)

Of course, you probably do that anyway but just in case, thought I'd mention it.

banners
Back