The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What about a Dating Site?

rakib

affiliate
My company is thinking to build up a dating site. This plan/thinking is in very initial stage. We want to know some information as like below:

1. What is core object o a dating site (commercial point views)
2. What contents must have a dating site?
3. Still dating site project is profitable?
4. If anyone has experience about dating site, please share your experience here in details. Please do not hesitate to share your bad experience also.

I am sure, here all members are helpful, so, help us to get the right knowledge.

Rakib,
embarking on any project requires research. And from the questions you have posted above I have a strong feeling that you haven't done any.
I'm sure all the members on this forum would help you with any specific problem but what you are asking for is a complete analysis of a project and you really can't expect that anyone is willing to do it just like that.
You need to sit down with your employees, get ideas, do a maket research, find out what creating a dating site means to you and things like that.
Outline the whole project since after all it's your project. Start developing it and when you have some specific questions, some parts that you can't get through, you'll get your answers here.
You might have as well said: "I want money, can you give it to me?"
See what I mean?
I'm not attacking you or anything, I'm just trying to be helpful. You really shouldn't start a project that you know nothing about.
The only question that someone could actually answer is the 4th question.
The first 3 questions make you look silly since it looks like you don't know anything about dating sites (and you probably don't because you wouldn't be asking these questions in the first place).
The internet is hell of a place. Anything is profitable if you make it that way. People have gotten filthy rich on the most stupid ideas. But they have done so because they did some research first.

melkior, thanks nice lecture on my posting. I am happy that you have read my whole posting. Thanks for this.

Yes, I am doing research. In research, we must have some data. data has 2 categories. One is primary data another is secondary data. Now, let me tell about the both data type in brief. When so ever, we got people talking, opinions and the real survey reports data, this is call primary data. When we got data from research papers, books, newspapers, white papers, etc, that is call secondary data.

To start a project or a research, the 1st thing to collect primary data to gather all mix feedback, may be there some positive approach, may be some negative approach. After that, a researcher start his/her main works. Then, he/she analysis the all primary data in help of secondary data to ensure & finalize the project.

Towards my new project, I just posted this posting to get the raw or primary data. So, nothing harms to ask it in this uk forum. This is the first time I got this notice from this forum.

I am following the grammar of a project. Thanks. Wish you a very great day!

Rakib, I read every post in details. I think that is expected from me.

Thanks for giving me the info but I assure you I know many things about research. In fact I am currently writing a paper on Internet market research for a respected Croatian IT journal as a part of my academic studies.
Creating a project like the one you have mentioned requires field research if it's possible and it's my view that it is. The best way is to search the internet for various dating sites. Get your team to register on each one of them. Analyse them. Try to figure out how they work. Write down all the functions you have seen on them. Try to figure out how they are monetized: is it through ads, sponsors or a participant's fee or something else.
Round up all the data you have seen and analyse it again. Decide what your market will be and according to this decision select the functions you'll need, and add some new ones if possible and if you think they are necessary.
That's the best way to get the primary data. Not through asking people, but through experiencing the process yourself.
Than outline the project. Create process models. Start coding them in the programming language of your choice. If you have problems than you can ask specific questions on any forum (this one included of course). Once these problems are resolved start the project as a beta version. Once the initial members sign up create a feedback system for them. Ask them what they want and implement the solutions. After a couple of months you'll have a site up and running and making money.
It's my personal (and professional) view that replicating things is best done from personal experience and testing, and not from asking questions.
And asking questions like this make you look unprofessional and you'll want to avoid that at all cost.
Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with asking the questions. But they need to have weight behind them. They should be problem solving questions and not general solution questions.

melkior, thanks for your reply.

you can PM me and let me inform me about weight/Professionalism. I will always appreciate it. But, you cannot degrade me in very nice way!

Anyways, thanks for your posting. I am learning lot of things from this forum.

I believe that you are misinterpreting some of the things I have said and I think the cause of that is the language barrier so there is noone to be blamed here.
I apologize if you felt in any way that these posts were directed against you. But in no frame of mind would I do so. All I have done is tried to offer some friendly advice.
I presumed my intentions were clear. Again I apologize if you feel I have offended you.

I am not misinterpreting at all.

Anyways, Please close this tread and if possible please remove it.

No need to apologize. Nothing here to apologize. thanks a lot of your good approach.

I will not post again anything to know the market, feedback, etc. May be the forum members will feel disturb coz of my posting.

Sorry to kill your Valuable Time.

I am not misinterpreting at all.

Anyways, Please close this tread and if possible please remove it.

No need to apologize. Nothing here to apologize. thanks a lot of your good approach.

I will not post again anything to know the market, feedback, etc. May be the forum members will feel disturb coz of my posting.

Sorry to kill your Valuable Time.

Rakib, all members of this forum see you as a person with great experience and good advice.

No one gets disturbed by your posts. You are one of the key members at this forum.

Thanks

Hi Rakib ,Melikor has tried to help you , its very likely from that post someone may not understand exact preparation of you. What Melikor has tried to say is a guidelines for many.

He also gives u some idea how you can gather data. There may be many ways. One needs to devise their own plan how they will do work- their course of action. Certainly all dont do things in the same way.

Regarding your project internally its very competitive but in the country where we live i guess there are some scope . U know how dating site works. Its new here so if you do market well here then there is a chance. But once again it you should take calculated decisions.

So far I know the revenue comes from membership, advertisement etc. It is a niche dating site then u can sell products related to that niche , also earn some fund from affiliates

banners
Back