The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Website review

xploit

Just wondered if its at all possible for you to review my website and give me some feedback on it. Only just taken over the site (including facebook page) - and building twitter following of it too...

Search Engine Tricks - READY to learn? SET Search Engine Tricks, GO and rank...

Look forward to hearing from you and see what I can improve on the site :)

I've not done any SEO work on the site itself, just wanted to get it running well and will add more content to it and promote once its all sorted.

Thanks !

I like the design. Very simple, flat, straight to the point, no distractions.

There are not too many up to date articles but that's normal since you get started.

The only thing that I don't get is what I am registering for? I see you ask people to register the first time they get to your blog, but 99% will close that box because we don't know your blog yet and we don't have any incentive to register. It also doesn't look like a forum where you need to register to post.

So if you want to keep the register stuff(which I still don't know for what is it) you need to either build a forum/community or give an incentive like free ebook, email newsletter, etc. Also, you may want to try with an exit-triggered pop-up instead of first time popup. When people exit, they already know what the site is about and the chances to signup are much higher.

Also, you may want to use your name instead of admin on your posts as author, if you have google+ with your name it should affect SEO positively.

Great - thanks for the info - will work on getting this sorted and rectify the popup thing - wasnt initially supposed to popup on loading - and yes - a forum is going to be added to the site - thats part of the reason for registering. Also its to setup an email list ;)

Yes it's better. You can "sell" a bit more the mailing list. People are subscribed to a lot of lists, you need to give them something more valuable, a better angle...not just a newsletter. You can make a SEO course from autoresponders and send them daily or twice a week some lessons.

Newsletters works when your website/blog is already established and people already see value on what you make...but until then you still want to build your list efficiently. So think of a valuable course and make it as autoresponders. You can also see how other bigger blogs are "selling" their email list.

If you still don't want to go to the course angle, you need to give them something unique...otherwise, your visitor to email conversion rate will be so low that it will take a long time to build your list, at least until you get some reputation and people sign up just because they don't want to miss your valuable content.

Cheers, I've already got a course 60% done, so didn't know if that would be a social media thing or a list thing.

Will probably use it for the list and do something else for social media

banners
Back