The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Want To Learn Media Buying?

Mia Gibbons

affiliate
I was starting with SEO last week and it seem to me very difficult and will take the huge amount of time to become PRO. Finally, I decided to just start with basic and end the course. Now I want move media buying. Do you this is it hard to learn media buying stuff. Is it a rocket science like SEO and will it cost more time become PRO?

Media Buying is just about testing and analyzing. You need to study your competition and test the most profitable countries. I can say you that we are a cpa affiliate network that provides you the best offers. The main advantage for you in this case is our experienced account managers who can support you on the creation of your first campaign. If you are new to media buying we can help you on managing your campaigns.

I feel like media buying is faster in terms of your learning curve and banking good $$$ once you find a winner campaign. At the same time media buys require higher initial investment in financial terms and higher risk of money loss.

If you end up doing adult media buys please make sure you check out TrafficHunt | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix and hit me up (see my sig) if you decide to give us a try ;)

Adopting with media buying is quite easy and it's not a rocket science like SEO. What you need to have is sense of knowledge about advertising, know your targeted audiences and spying on others.

Its simple buy low sell high business. First you buy data and then try to "sell". The risk is same like in every other business.

If you are confusing where to learn media buying then I suggest you to use YouTube and Udemy. You'll get plenty of tutorials there. Good luck to your next media buying empire.

It's all about the experience. So if you want to learn media buying then the basic part is easy. You need to find out some niche based websites and make eye-catching banners as well as know where to place it. But the vital part is RTB choosing right websites, choose to convert offers. You have to spend at least $500 for testing and learning.

It's all about the experience. So if you want to learn media buying then the basic part is easy. You need to find out some niche based websites and make eye-catching banners as well as know where to place it. But the vital part is RTB choosing right websites, choose to convert offers. You have to spend at least $500 for testing and learning.
I also think like you. The knowledge about the basic running ads should take precedence.
It's really depending on your niche and your targeted audiences. There are several ad networks out their. If you are more specific then it was easy to suggested you some networks.
  • what is your targeted niche? how much do you able to spend per month?
  • Which country you are targeted?
  • What is your offers?

So here is the story Mia so you get the big picture and can make your decision on where to focus your attention.

Seo is difficult isn't actually the term - i would say SEO is ruthless: But yes, before being ruthless it's difficult. But more importantly you are competing against millions of people (depending on your niche) and you are facing a very ruthless enemy (that can sometimes become your friend) - Google. It means that if you start today, you will have to move fast in order to reduce the gap between you and your competitors (who have been targeting the same keywords for ages). Moving fast, means you take risks, and when you take risks - google can become your friend for a while, but then can come back and bite you when its algorithm finds out you've been playing it. Unfortunately, google's bites are normally fatal which means that you go back to square one and do it again - learning from your mistakes. One thing that i missed here is that ranking your site for competitive keywords can take between 6 to 12 months, when you take limited risks. Financially, it means that you work hard, you dont make money until you are decently ranking, and there is no guarantee whatsoever that you will be actually ranking and that this ranking will last.

On the other side Media buying requires some marketing skills, tools, bit of technical knowledge and obviously some money. At the beginning, you will probably lose and be disappointed, but if you consider that every $ spent is business intelligence and you have the right tools to gather and analyse this business intelligence, the learning curve will not be too difficult to overcome.

So if you're about to start a new venture, i would suggest to forget about SEO and gear up for media buy as you will quickly see some action, traction and eventually some money.

Last but not least: try to figure out a niche market (geo and industry) that you can emotionally and creatively relate to as it will be easier to pick the right offers, build your marketing strategy, create the necessary content and understand why certain things work and why others fail.

Tools that you will need:
- Landing page builder - instapage, unbounce
- Tracking software - trackingdesk
- Mailing list management - mailchimp, aweber
- Spy on your competitors - spyfu, whatrunswhere

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

I do agree with you. SEO needs a long-term planning as well as you have to stick with search engine updates. Also, need a vast knowledge about search engine movements and backlink formula. On the other hand, media buying is simply investment and have only basic knowledge of marketing.

It's all about the experience you know. But you can read the case study and find out the basic part of media buying from its. If you like to move advanced level then you can search on Udemy. But there were no substitute for practicing.

they all need you to study your audiences and keep ongoing optimization. so just choose one direction and keep going.

they all need you to study your audiences and keep ongoing optimization. so just choose one direction and keep going.

Really? Could you please advise some classes over there?

Go to Udemy and enter media buying into the search bar. Should tell you all the available courses.

Read the previous student reviews to get a feel for a course before signing up.

banners
Back