The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

wannabe successful affiliate

thefreshprince

affiliate
Hello people, i am really tired of my current business and trying to start something new and i have heard that affiliate programs can be really successful and that one can make a decent money. So i have been trying for 7-10 days, campaignes etc, had more then 1000 clicks and not one single purchase or comission, spent more then 500 usd on advertising and no result and i am going a little crazy why nothing is happening so do you have some advice, which markets are good, what to sell? Thank you

Hello thefreshprince. Welcome to affiliatefix forum.

i have heard that affiliate programs can be really successful and that one can make a decent money.
Yeah you heard it right.

You need to share more information to get answers regarding your campaigns. Please let us know what kind of offers you were promoting, what traffic source you used, are you linking directly or via pre-landers. Without more specific information its hard to tell what went wrong.

Go through all the guides posted on this forum, all the case studies and all the journals and success stories. That will give you some kind of motivation, how people have started from zero here and is still growing.

Check these forums:-
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Follow Alongs and Online Journeys
Guides, Case Studies and Tutorials
Success Stories and Bragging

If you have any queries, don't forget to ask it here Newbie Helpdesk

Once again welcome aboard and looking forward to see more of your posts. Have a nice stay and enjoy the forum. I am damn sure you will fall in love with this community as everybody does.

Have a nice day :):affiliatefix:
regards
Soul

Hi!

Yes, indeed! You're asking all the right questions!

It's true. I've been hearing that eCommerce and all other credit card submission kinds of offers are growing and distributing wealth at a global scale. However, in a digital, mobile world, you might want to start with simpler kinds of offers which are definitely easier to convert.

Such is the case with CPI campaigns (conversions made on app installs) and CPA (conversions made upon mobile subscriptions). Some known CPI networks include Supersonic, Mobvista and Mobusi.

On CPA, you've got CPALead, CPAway and Bizprofits, to name some important ones. Show them your history in business management so they really get the sense that you know what you're doing.

Then, you can, for example, pass your highest payout campaigns to other affiliate networks, and buy your media space on sites like Startapp, Appnext, Propeller Ads, Popads, and ExoClick (this one's for Adult).

Plus: try Facebook so as to target your audience! I think there's great potential there.

In terms of GEOS, I recommend you explore from tier 1 to tier 3!

Cheers!

Hello people,

Hi @thefreshprince , welcome to AffiliateFix!

i am really tired of my current business and trying to start something new and i have heard that affiliate programs can be really successful and that one can make a decent money. So i have been trying for 7-10 days, campaignes etc, had more then 1000 clicks and not one single purchase or comission, spent more then 500 usd on advertising and no result and i am going a little crazy why nothing is happening so do you have some advice, which markets are good, what to sell? Thank you

You are experiencing exactly what most do. You jumped in, took some shots, and didn't get the results you expected. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING ACTION!

This is a business and with any business, there are necessary learning curves. I suspect you have not prepared yourself in some ways. Don't despair, do not fell ugly about this, help is on the way.

Have you been working with a tracker?

have you selected a single traffic source to master?

Are you working a single vertical and a very specific sub niche?

Are you using landing pages?

Are you familiar, or studied, hooks, angles, triggers, etc.?

Your answers will help us give you some direction.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here.

See you around the forums.

T J

Hello thefreshprince. Welcome to affiliatefix forum.

Yeah you heard it right.

You need to share more information to get answers regarding your campaigns. Please let us know what kind of offers you were promoting, what traffic source you used, are you linking directly or via pre-landers. Without more specific information its hard to tell what went wrong.

Thanks for you answer. I am promoting cashinpills, had about 800-1000 visitors but not one single purchase, i promoted this via Facebook on various markets, will try ad words also. Bro, i don't even Know what a pre lander is. Right now i am promoting some programs from admitad that i thought was interesting but apparently it's not cause i have like 15 000 clicks for gear best and not one sinle purchase and i alsohave like 500-600 clicks for dress Lilly and also none purchase...

Hi @thefreshprince , welcome to AffiliateFix!

You are experiencing exactly what most do. You jumped in, took some shots, and didn't get the results you expected. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS ON TAKING ACTION!

This is a business and with any business, there are necessary learning curves. I suspect you have not prepared yourself in some ways. Don't despair, do not fell ugly about this, help is on the way.

Have you been working with a tracker?
have you selected a single traffic source to master?
Are you working a single vertical and a very specific sub niche?
Are you using landing pages?
Are you familiar, or studied, hooks, angles, triggers, etc.?

Yes i work with trackers from cashinpills
single traffic source to master??? Dont Know what it means, dont Know what it means vertical dont Know what it means hooks,angles, triggers,i am a complete fool and a real newbie but i am willing to learn and become a successful affiliate some day because this is what i want to do in my life. So far it has been expensive but I am here to avoid that in the future.
Yes i also use landing pages, as i said before i have like 15 000 clicks today on admitad for promoting gear best and not one single purchase, this is really disturbing. Promotion was done on zero park and facebook

Yes i work with trackers from cashinpills
single traffic source to master??? Dont Know what it means, dont Know what it means vertical dont Know what it means hooks,angles, triggers,i am a complete fool and a real newbie but i am willing to learn and become a successful affiliate some day because this is what i want to do in my life. So far it has been expensive but I am here to avoid that in the future.
Yes i also use landing pages, as i said before i have like 15 000 clicks today on admitad for promoting gear best and not one single purchase, this is really disturbing. Promotion was done on zero park and facebook

You require a bit of studying. I see you have taken action, but you need to learn more about the elements of a sales or conversion funnel. Be sure to start some threads asking about funnels, angles, hooks, triggers, etc. Get these threads started in the Newbie Helpdesk forum. Also, when you are ready, get a thread going in the Follow Alongs and Online Journeys forum so members can see your progress and give you recommendations and guidance.

Be active in this community, ask loads of questions, make the proper investments, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

Check out the new enhanced membership option here as it is full of great tools and features.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

I need a lot of learning indees but thank you for answering my questions. I really don't understand why i need a server when theres lots of advertising places on the web such as Google or Facebook or many others
what @T J Tutor means is when you create your landing pages you have to host them and make them online, then you will put the link of them in google and fb ads and other advertising platforms

what @T J Tutor means is when you create your landing pages you have to host them and make them online, then you will put the link of them in google and fb ads and other advertising platforms

Correct, you need a server to host your landing pages and possibly your tracker.

Last edited:
@thefreshprince - hello and welcome!

It's obvious that you're ready to take action (fantastic!) but you need to do some reading and studying and the guys have given you great starting advice. If you skip learning the basics, you will continue to waste time, effort and money.

Once you had a chance to settle in and go through some of the material, just start a thread to let us know when you have a question. Someone will help you. :)

Enjoy the forums!

I suppose that is the case when you are promoting your own websites, right? But i am not doing that yet, i am promoting my affiliate links only.

I suppose that is the case when you are promoting your own websites, right?

It also applies to landing pages, banners, etc. if you are creating your own, making multiple variations for testing, etc. They have to be hosted somewhere.

Same goes if you plan to use a self-hosted tracker, like P202.

It also applies to landing pages, banners, etc. if you are creating your own, making multiple variations for testing, etc. They have to be hosted somewhere.

Same goes if you plan to use a self-hosted tracker, like P202.

I still dont get it, cally me stupid but i dont get it. If i run a campaign od ad words and i give them my affiliate link which i have copied from the site of the product i want to advertise i have no idea why do i need vps. And what is a self hosted tracker?

I still dont get it, cally me stupid but i dont get it. If i run a campaign od ad words and i give them my affiliate link which i have copied from the site of the product i want to advertise i have no idea why do i need vps. And what is a self hosted tracker?

I get it why you don't understand. This is related with another thread about when should you have to use a Landing page. If you promoting an email submit offer for example, and you are using a direct link, you sometimes don't need a vps at all, considering your tracker is self hosted. However, if you are promoting an antivirus offer for example, you can create a landing page, like those with a warning that your computer has virus or malwares and etc, and put a button there (Call to action) which will have a link to you offer ( the link you get from your ad Network)...In that case you will have to host you landing pages on a VPS. So on your tracker, instead of using the offer link, we will have to use your landing page link that you created, which will have the offer link and so on.

As discussed on the other thread, landing page for CPS offers is a must for pre selling the product before hitting the offer page, but if you want only to promote email submits, cpi, sweepstakes ... You can get away without having a LP.

Hope this helps

If i run a campaign od ad words and i give them my affiliate link

Google hates affiliate links.

And what is a self hosted tracker?

A tracking system that you keep and run on your own hosting. You don't have to but if you decide you want to go with self-hosted, you need somewhere to put it.

No one is saying that you can't direct link. In some instances, that's what you'll want to do (but would be far better to have a domain extension), depending on the offer, payout and advertising platform you're using. However, be aware that some advertisers don't allow affiliate links. Also, if you use your own hosting and a tracker (self-hosted or otherwise), you have more control over your data and thus, your campaigns.

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk
Newbie411 | Free Download

Hey guys, i did a lot of learning past few days and my head almost literaly exploded so i took few days of and now pieces are slowly coming together and i understand things a little bit more. Read the forum, watched some videos, talked to people, bought some websites... I have decided to do this slowly cause I think its a process afterall, no easy Money here as I thought and as a lot of other people think. For startes this website will be up and running in few days
http :/ /lingeriestylish .com/
So what do you think about it?

MI
Back