Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

VPS vs Hosting

CoolSpot

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
JATS Affiliate Program
Hey,

So I was looking to get some hosting, have a few sites i want to upload ( trying to change my day job from tech support to web design) I was planning originally on just getting a standard cheapo hosting package as I would normally do, something like one.com offers ( the most basic package)

After seeing on here so many people saying that a vps is pretty much essential, i was wondering what the benefits of a vps are vs regular hosting.

My portfolio will consist of a few sites that I built around certain affiliate programs, not going to be marketed until I have my current campaign running well. Only really build them as I needed some projects to work on for the portfolio that are non adult.

With a vps would I be able to give each site a separate domain and have it as it's own site? or would these have to be on sub domains?

What do you guys currently run on your vps?

i was wondering what the benefits of a vps are vs regular hosting.

Well, it depends on what you mean by regular hosting.

With a vps would I be able to give each site a separate domain and have it as it's own site? or would these have to be on sub domains?

You can usually host as many domains as you like on a server. With a VPS, you can scale it up when more power is required to match the needs of the traffic. Most traffic can be run with any VPS server, however, adult traffic will require hosts that allow it. the majority do not. Adult hosting is a world of it's own.

A VPS is going to be has more features, is more flexible, more powerful, more efficient, and much faster than a shared server. BlueHost has good scalable VPS solutions starting at $29.99 per mo. Beyond Hosting is also very good, from what I am told. There are a bunch of them out there. Do not get a shared server (IMO).

What do you guys currently run on your vps?

Anything and everything listed in this forum. The majority of us are on VPS's. Some of us also have one or more dedicated servers.

MI
Back