The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

VPS Problem

Neo

affiliate
Hi guys i have some problems with setting up my VPS...I only used shared hosting before so pls help me with this one. I uploaded my site to domain but i got "Server not found" error and when i visit IP of the site it shows up...So my website is now on address that looks like this 122.149.151.111/~myusername/ Can somebody tell me what im doing wrong?

Ym9kyfJ.png

Did you set the DNS (Domain Name Servers) for the domain? Is the domain registrar the same as your host?

Easy fix

so line 1 is

@ A (Address) 122.149.151.111 N/a <--@ is for root domain

line 2

www C Name 122.149.151.111 1440 <- this will make www go and no www work the same

if you still have trouble let me know i can help

also what host is that just wondering

I cant save changes,it gives me this error..

yGdVASo.png

Yeah, you do not usually need to set the A and C records once you have set your DNS.

Which host are you using?

Is the domain we are addressing the primary domain for the hosting account? If it is, it should have been automatically set when you opened the hosting account.

If it is one of your add-on domains, then you simply go to the domain manager and set the DNS there for the add-on domain.

First you need to register the nameservers with your VPS IPs allocated to you and then assign those nameserver.

Looking at the error I feel you have not registered the nameservers correctly, Have tried contacting your web hosting company ?

Thanks guys i solved my problem few days ago. I didn't set up nameservers correctly. Thanks again for your time i appreciate it ;)

MI
Back