The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Voluum - The Ultimate Guide!

Along with using Voluum for tracking information, you need campaigns to run so at Affiliates Media allows many legit sources of traffic for those campaigns that our advertiser has allowed it. Check out our website in my signature & apply by Clicking Here.

Hey Bro,

How do you generate a test link here? After setting up postback with the network, my AM asks for my test link. Could you explain what is that and how to make one in Voluum? Or, just provide them with your campaign url?

Thanks

Hey Bro,

How do you generate a test link here? After setting up postback with the network, my AM asks for my test link. Could you explain what is that and how to make one in Voluum? Or, just provide them with your campaign url?

Thanks
The test link is the link from your campaign. You can do a "test" by clicking the URL and then the network will send you the postback just so you can confirm.

Hey man - I know you get a ton of questions about tracking already but I just signed up for the dojo - through your link - and have some questions that hopefully you or others can answer.

To start with you say "Don’t install a blog or setup a redirect or anything" - I am still using this domain for my landers though correct? just through a separate subdomain right (i use instapages via wordpress to set them up).

Next question I have is a friend helped me set this up originally but he always direct links his offers and I am trying the LP angle instead. He originally set mines up by just taking the original voluum domain and sending it to the Mpire AM - it looks like http://*****.voluumtrk2.com/postback?cid={aff_click_id}&payout={payout}
I've gotten a few conversions and it seems to track fine for direct linking - is this all that is required if using direct linking or am I still better to go through the custom domain for some reason? What if I just kept it that way and used the original landing page link in voluum and never set did the CNAME domain option?

You mention the double meta refresh but never really speak to it - what is the function of it and should I always have it enabled on my campaigns?

Hey man - I know you get a ton of questions about tracking already but I just signed up for the dojo - through your link - and have some questions that hopefully you or others can answer.

To start with you say "Don’t install a blog or setup a redirect or anything" - I am still using this domain for my landers though correct? just through a separate subdomain right (i use instapages via wordpress to set them up).

Next question I have is a friend helped me set this up originally but he always direct links his offers and I am trying the LP angle instead. He originally set mines up by just taking the original voluum domain and sending it to the Mpire AM - it looks like http://*****.voluumtrk2.com/postback?cid={aff_click_id}&payout={payout}
I've gotten a few conversions and it seems to track fine for direct linking - is this all that is required if using direct linking or am I still better to go through the custom domain for some reason? What if I just kept it that way and used the original landing page link in voluum and never set did the CNAME domain option?

You mention the double meta refresh but never really speak to it - what is the function of it and should I always have it enabled on my campaigns?

Hello.
No problem. I can answer your questions :)

1. No. Don't use the same domain for landing pages. not even in a subdomain. Trust me. You'll hate it when something bad happens and it affects both your tracking and landing pages. It's better to separate domains for each part of the equation and reduce risks.

2. What you're showing is the postback which is correct. You should use a custom domain for tracking links though, which is different but the postback is OK. Keeping the original voluum domain is just going to get back and bit your ass sooner or later when something happens with the domain.

3. Double Meta helps hiding the referral of your clicks so networks don't know where your traffic is coming from. It's a simple way to do cloaking at low level.

Thanks for the quick response - so to reiterate:

The first domain name you set up in your example isn't actually hosted then - its set up with CNAME so it's not detectable that you are using Voluum then? Then I would host my landing pages on a separate domain name.

Another question I have is when I go to set up a lander in Voluum it asks for a URL and there are available tokens and when I click the first option (campaign id) it makes the URL look like this : http://*****.com/greatdeals{campaign.id}

Is this necessary or should I just be doing the regular URL or some other variation? Thanks for all the help. Cheers.

That's correct.
But the idea is so you can use your own domain and do't share the same domain with hundreds of affiliates. Yes, you host your landing page sin other domain.

As for your other question, those tokens are to show parameters in your landing page. Nothing else. Here's a quick guide on how to do so and why it helps to improve ROI on your campaigns: How to display a Voluum parameter on lander – Customer Feedback & Support
It's not mandatory.

How to setup a campaign

Except for the landers, which are optional, this is the last step you need to start running your campaigns. This step is really easy and you’ll love it.

Go to your Voluum’s dashboard and open the “Campaigns” tab. Click on the green “New campaign” button.

View attachment 3259

Now select the traffic source and country and Voluum will add them to the name of the campaign.

For the costs model, you can either select CPC or CPA if your traffic sources allows that, but in this case, because we’re going to use Zeropark, this options will disappear as Zeropark is integrated with Voluum.

Leave the redirect mode as 302 unless you want to cloak your links (not necessary at this point) and then select the lander (optional) and the offer you want to promote.

If you don’t have a lander yet, you can check the “Direct Linking” and just select the offer instead.

Finally, give your campaign a Name and click Save.

View attachment 3260

A new link will appear in your campaign when you hit the save button. It will be marked in green.

Now copy the link and create a new campaign in Zeropark. Voluum will track EVERYTHING including: targets, keywords, conversions, OS, Country, ISP/Carrier, etc.

Sit down, relax, and watch the traffic flow so you can analyze it :cool:

If you’re promoting an offer in a different traffic source (e.g. Decisive), the process is the same. Just select your traffic source and select your payment method (e.g. CPC = 0.01) and hit Save. Now copy and past the new link for this campaign and submit it to your favorite traffic network. Again, Voluum will track everything you need, except for the exclusive tokens (you need to add them separately in your link).

I’ll cover how to use custom variables in another post. You have read 4,000 words and your brain is probably overloaded already. Go ahead and try to setup a Zeropark campaign. Let me know how it works and don’t hesitate to ask any questions :)

There are a few things I’ll still add to this guide, but overall, this is all you need to learn how to track and start running campaigns. I’ll cover the rest of the topics in the next days and I’ll update the guide when that happens. Stay tuned!

Just wanted to say you really covered it very well. Congratulations! Thanks for all of the illustrations, they speed up the learning process and are extremely helpful. I look forward to anything you post in the future.

No, the link you put in your landing is the one Voluum gives you in the setup page (the same page where you grabbed your Postback URL).
If you use the offer links directly from your network, Voluum won't track anything.

Should be something like: http://track.yourodomain.com/click

That's correct. And if you want to link to MULTIPLE offers on your lander then you need to use these links on your lander:

YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/click/1
YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/click/2
YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/click/3
YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/click/4
YOUR-VOLUUM-ID.trackvoluum.com/click/5
etc

or with your own domain:

yourowndomain.com/click/1
yourowndomain.com/click/2
yourowndomain.com/click/3
yourowndomain.com/click/4
yourowndomain.com/click/5
etc

I know this looks a bit weird - but when you create your campaign and you specify that you want to use this lander (which you need to 'register' in Voluum first) then Voluum will ask you which offer to redirect to when the visitor clicks on link 1, which offer to redirect to when the visitor clicks on link 2, etc.

That's how Voluum then knows where to redirect the visitors of this campaign to when they click a link on your lander.

That's also the reason why you need to use the Voluum campaign link to test your setup - on the direct link to your lander you'd get an error message.

servandosilva,

Thanks for the valuable posts. I'd setup a campaign according to your guide and send my campaign for approval, however the
traffic source team reply with the following, can you help? (Is a direct linking campaign without Lp).

upload_2016-7-31_8-49-38.png

This is the email from traffic source team. Many thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-31_8-26-5.png
    upload_2016-7-31_8-26-5.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 18
Hey:)

first of all-Awesome guide man! thank you.

second thing,I'm sure its a basic thing.. is there a possibility to use different domain for each campaign? i mean, I'm sure there is a way,i just cant find it:)

Ive added a custom domain,this went smoothly(to my surprise:)),started new campaign,all good and working.but all the campaigns are using this domain.I know there is a main domain, But can i choose different domain for each campaign?
cheers

Hey:)

first of all-Awesome guide man! thank you.

second thing,I'm sure its a basic thing.. is there a possibility to use different domain for each campaign? i mean, I'm sure there is a way,i just cant find it:)

Ive added a custom domain,this went smoothly(to my surprise:)),started new campaign,all good and working.but all the campaigns are using this domain.I know there is a main domain, But can i choose different domain for each campaign?
cheers
Yes. Your plan allows 3-5 or 10 domains and you can use them as long as you CNAME them the same way as you did with your main domain.

After that, just grab the link of any campaign (it will have the main domain) and change it to one of the domains you CNAMED.

banners
Back