The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Voluum free plan discontinued from 1 August

wigan01

Just got this in my email:

Dear Voluum Users,

As of Aug 1, 2015 we will be discontinuing the Noobie plan. We’ve taken this decision in order to upkeep our high, professional level of service as Voluum continues to grow. Since Voluum’s inception we have grown its tracking and database capabilities to offer you the most stable and advanced tracking tool on the market. We continuously work on new user-driven features to expand the service we already offer. These changes mean significant improvements for our customers, but they also mean that we will be shifting focus to our paying clientele.

Back to Prosper202 for me I think!

What a blow!

This is so unprofessional. First they lure customers in with a free service (free for all zeropark traffic and 100'000 events free per month) and then they simply pull the trigger. What you think, how many hours did people spend on the platform, getting to know it and configuring campaigns, traffic sources, affiliate network, parameters, etc. So, now, unless you want to start everything from scratch, you need to pay up - $99 per month!

That's like skype saying "well, guess what, next month you can't use skype anymore unless you pay us a monthly".

voluum's first reaction to my upset feedback was:

"Tracking Zeropark events is still free and will continue to be free. This is a change on the Voluum side, not related to Zeropark. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So what does that mean, zeropark traffic is still free, if I keep my account active for 99 per month?

What a blow!

This is so unprofessional. First they lure customers in with a free service (free for all zeropark traffic and 100'000 events free per month) and then they simply pull the trigger. What you think, how many hours did people spend on the platform, getting to know it and configuring campaigns, traffic sources, affiliate network, parameters, etc. So, now, unless you want to start everything from scratch, you need to pay up - $99 per month!

That's like skype saying "well, guess what, next month you can't use skype anymore unless you pay us a monthly".

"Tracking Zeropark events is still free and will continue to be free. This is a change on the Voluum side, not related to Zeropark. Sorry for the inconvenience."

So what does that mean, zeropark traffic is still free, if I keep my account active for 99 per month?
I am using voluum only for zeropark campaign, because it is integrated, especially for tracking cost. Zeropark didn't provide cost token to be used on another tracker (or maybe I am missing it)
Well, I am also curious, but looks like we need to upgrade although tracking for ZP still free. I haven't ask them

It makes me remember Google Play policy for uploading app, once you upload free apps, it has to be free forever, lol

Well this is good to know as I was just in the middle of setting up my new campaign in voluum, guess I better move it over to ads bridge.

I am using voluum only for zeropark campaign, because it is integrated, especially for tracking cost. Zeropark didn't provide cost token to be used on another tracker (or maybe I am missing it)
Well, I am also curious, but looks like we need to upgrade although tracking for ZP still free. I haven't ask them

It makes me remember Google Play policy for uploading app, once you upload free apps, it has to be free forever, lol

I would guess "free Zeropark" means now that this traffic doesn't count against your events quota but pay up you must.

What a blow!

Well, they not show ads or try moneytize you (=you not worth anything for them, you only cost :p )

Well, they not show ads or try moneytize you (=you not worth anything for them, you only cost :p )
I would be happy for them to show ads on a free account personaly, I think it could even be a better model than just falt out getting rid of the free accounts. The free accoutns gets new users using the system learnign how it works until they reach the point of having to upgrade the account.

Yeah, once you establish a free line in your business practice, it's not beneficial to eliminate the current free clients or discounted clients. It's a better practice to keep the free and discounted clients and just eliminate any new free or discounted sign-ups. The current free and discounted clients can then be continually groomed for upgrades and they will also be a great source for user supported promotion of the product.

Yeah, once you establish a free line in your business practice, it's not beneficial to eliminate the current free clients or discounted clients. It's a better practice to keep the free and discounted clients and just eliminate any new free or discounted sign-ups. The current free and discounted clients can then be continually groomed for upgrades and they will also be a great source for user supported promotion of the product.

I agree, but maybe some free accounts get abused and eating up their resources. Im sure it was a tough decision for them to drop the ball with the current free accounts.

But still, it was nice to have a free account with them & I was actually looking forward on a paid plan if my traffic becomes consistent.

But like I've said... moving on. :D

I agree, but maybe some free accounts get abused and eating up their resources. Im sure it was a tough decision for them to drop the ball with the current free accounts.

But still, it was nice to have a free account with them & I was actually looking forward on a paid plan if my traffic becomes consistent.

But like I've said... moving on. :D
I agree, I have an account with voluum and adsbridge, I found adsbridge provided better support but the voluum interface was so much cleaner and easier to use and read the data. I'm just going to be dropping voluum and move everything to adsbridge now I think.

I'm staying with Voluum as I've been paying $100-400 per month with them lately without problems.

For starters, yeah, I think Adsbridge or Thrive could be an option, but if you're really serious about the business $99 per month shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, try to increase your profit by generating more money, not by spending less.

I'm staying with Voluum as I've been paying $100-400 per month with them lately without problems.

For starters, yeah, I think Adsbridge or Thrive could be an option, but if you're really serious about the business $99 per month shouldn't be a problem.

Remember, try to increase your profit by generating more money, not by spending less.

And there's the rub. Sooner or later you are going to start paying for your volume. The real answer is up your game. This still doesn't excuse poor business practices.

Up your game and the cost won't effect you.

And there's the rub. Sooner or later you are going to start paying for your volume. The real answer is up your game. This still doesn't excuse poor business practices.

Up your game and the cost won't effect you.
Sooner or later you will have to start paying, to me that just shows why having free accounts is a good idea, I don't come close to reaching the sort of traffic that voluum requires you to pay for, but as things grow it will get there, it's not about spending less, but about spending smart. Why spend $99 on voluum if i'm not passing the free limit, that's $99 that can be spent on generating more traffic that will force me into upgrading. Low budgets require smarter planning to get things running. lets say your budget is $999, 1 month on volumm then becomes 10% of your budget, that's 10% that can be invested into other areas, just by using a different tracking solution, if it does the same job and it does it just as well, its not going to make much of an impact on anything, ultimately it's going to hurt their business more than help it as far as I can see.

You could argue that you can use a free account on adsbridge then when you are doing enough volume to warrant a paid account on voluum that you could change, by that point though it's to late, who wants to have to sit and learn another platform when the one they have is working and they have invested the time in how to use it.

A better option might have been to lower the amount of events on free accounts, introduce staggered plans, that way you can engage users at every level.

The free account demonstrates the value the product has to offer, without it it's all just words.

banners
Back