The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Verifying Accounts With Government ID

papacharlie

affiliate
Paxum, Payoneer, and even some ad network accounts require you to verify your account using a government issued photo ID such as a driver's license or passport. I'm not overly comfortable sharing that info. Anyone who has experience with this care to chime in about providing personal info like this? To me it seems like a significant safety/security risk.

Thoughts?

Some ad networks require it because they want to know who they are working with. There is no risk involved at all if I'm correct. There is a lot of ad networks you can choose from that don't require it.

I'm currently signing up with MobFox and I submitted my Gov ID and then asked me for a drivers license...when I don't even have one...hahaha

Paxum, Payoneer, and even some ad network accounts require you to verify your account using a government issued photo ID such as a driver's license or passport. I'm not overly comfortable sharing that info. Anyone who has experience with this care to chime in about providing personal info like this? To me it seems like a significant safety/security risk.
Whats the risk?
Ad networks wants to verify if you are a real person.

Whats the risk?
Ad networks wants to verify if you are a real person.

I realize what it's being used for but...

The risk is they have a government issued photo ID with a ton of personal info in a digital format that could persist on their system for years. Driver's license, passport, etc. can easily be the root of identity theft and there's no guarantee that networks aren't selling your info. In many cases I can't find specific verbiage around how they keep your identification private and confidential.

It really comes down to trust.

MI
Back