The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

vB 3.7.0 finally released

temi

affiliate
Just got and email from vBulletin to say version 3.7.0 is finally stable:

vBulletin 3.7.0 is now available for download from the vBulletin Members' Area by all customers with active vBulletin licenses.

In this new release, we have concentrated on improving features for visitors to your vBulletin forum by implementing social networking tools such as extended user profile pages with visitor messaging, user picture albums, user-created social groups and reciprocal friendship creation. We have also taken steps to help forum staff deal with the growing problem of bulletin board spam by improving our human verification tools to prevent automated systems from registering and posting, and putting in place a one-stop-shop tool for dealing with spam and spammers in the inline moderation system.

Here is a brief but far from comprehensive list of some of the new features making their debut in vBulletin 3.7.0:

* Inline spam management & prevention
* Thread tagging
* Search cloud / tag cloud
* Thread prefixes
* Reciprocal friendships between users
* Public visitor messaging on profile pages with 'conversation' feature
* User picture galleries with user comment facility
* User-created social groups with invite only and moderated membership options
* Extended member profile pages
* Customizable member profile pages with admin-controlled styling abilities
* Inline editing of custom user profile fields
* Lightbox viewer for attached images
* Viewable and comparable history maintained for post edits
* Extended re-authentication for inline moderation actions
* Notices system for navigation bar
* New human-verification tools including reCAPTCHA, and question/answer
* User change history
* Social bookmarking integration

has any one used the custom User profiles ? like a myspace type thing, ive seen it on one forum and didnt like it, i think its fine on maybe game forums and non professional sites but to give people the freedom to do what they want on a forum like this for example makes it look scruffy. IMO anyway.

although i havent played with the admin part, im not sure weather you can moderate what people put on their profile ( i would imagine you can )

banners
Back