The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Using Images on Twitter Effectively

Luke

Service Manager
Service Manager
FPTraffic
I'm working on a blog post about this, but it's not something that has been discussed here on AffiliateFix and it's definitely something that isn't being taken advantage of yet.

Twitter recently added the functionality where images posted show up in user's timelines. I have been using this on all of my Twitter accounts to help try to increase the overall exposure of my tweets and it seems to be working pretty well.

Here's an example:

Which tweet stands out to you? I'm going to guess it's the one with the giant image and the big red bar at the bottom with the alert that says YOU NEED TO TRY THIS! :)

So, how did I do it? The trick is to simply upload an image with your tweet when you post it. The image size I use and the size that seems best is: 600x300

I usually will add a <-- something to the tweet so when the user is reading through they aren't confused by the pic.twitter.com link at the end. I don't want or need them to click that link. I want them to click the link I posted in my tweet (luke.am/6034 in the example above).

Give it a try yourself and I'm sure you'll see better results and more engagement :)

That's great, thx Luke. You always share such great information!

I've seen this done but have never taken the time to try it. If an offer allows for social traffic, could you do this with an offer banner/image?

That's great, thx Luke. You always share such great information!

I've seen this done but have never taken the time to try it. If an offer allows for social traffic, could you do this with an offer banner/image?

It depends on the network, but at PeerFly as long as you aren't direct linking (you need some sort of redirect or your own landing page) and you aren't spamming then it wouldn't be an issue :)

Only just noticed this myself when uploading some pictures, they look stunning so it's a great tip to help pull those eyes in. Thanks Luke!

banners
Back