The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

[Tutorial] How To Install Prosper202 on cPanel Web Host /w Pictures

game333

I've seen many people have the motivation to get started with a online career which possibly Affiliate Marketing, but knowing that many having difficulties on dealing with coding stuff or maybe even simple basic of HTML code. I doubt they would even understand what is <b></b> (this is a "Bold" code used on html)

So by encouraging them on starting their journey, I present you "How to Install Prosper202 on cPanel Web Host /w Pictures" (Sounds like a salesman pitch).

What is Prosper202?
It's a self-hosted tracking tools, they means it doesn't depend middleman hosting like volumn, and doesn't charge you a fee as long as pay your hosting bill. It has many great features and without a doubt a best deal for beginner.

Download here: Prosper202 Self-Hosted Affiliate Tracking Software & Apps

Now you may ask what host do I suggest on cPanel for installing Prosper202.
No shared host with the company name EIG, no hostgator, no unlimited bandwidth, no no no, read their policy.

No DigitalOcean, I mean yes if you know how to play with SSH coding :eek:
PuttyTunnel_06.png

Here's a few options:
- BeyondHosting (Many people recommended them by speed, but really, costy)
- ASmallOrange - Promo Code: ASOCloudFor5 ($5 for any VPS package, best for people who are on budget and want to start out for their first month)
- FreshRoastedHosting (my experiences with them - thread link)

For this tutorial I will be using ASmallOrange for installing demonstration.
I mean it is best for people who start with only $5 budget paying a VPS, if you're not happy with it, or couldn't afford, you can then move your server somewhere else.

1. Go to ASmallOrange
2. Pick a CloudVPS Plan
3. Buy Now and enter all the default detail
4. Enter code ASOCloudFor5
5. Viola! $5 Bill.
image.jpg

6. After the bill is settle, it will take upto 24 hours to receive all your login information.
image.jpg

7. Config a custom nameserver (NS) on your domain registration, simply by clicking "Register Custom/Private Name Server"
image.jpg

8. Follow the remaining step
image.jpg

9. Done!

Hope it helps percent of the newbie on AffiliateFix.

Last edited:
Hi, I was trying to install the free version on my bluehost cpanel website. When i got to the file manager step, there was no config. file to add my username and password. Tried everywhere but no one seems to know anything or dont even reply.

Do you know anything about this? :oops::confused:

Hi, I was trying to install the free version on my bluehost cpanel website. When i got to the file manager step, there was no config. file to add my username and password. Tried everywhere but no one seems to know anything or dont even reply.

Do you know anything about this? :oops::confused:

You will find config-sample.php where you extracted the prosper .zip file and you have to rename it as config.php

Sorry thats what i meant. there doesn't seem to be a config-sample.php for me to rename. I tried installing many times.

Sorry thats what i meant. there doesn't seem to be a config-sample.php for me to rename. I tried installing many times.

I installed it few days ago and there was config-sample file, you might need to download it again from the official site...

I now have it installed on my site but am getting the following errors.

MySQL Partitioning Prosper202 requires MySQL partitioning.
PHP Memcache (recommended) Missing

I had this problem also but i have managed vps so opened a support ticket and told them about this problem and they solved it... If you have unmanaged vps then you need to install those missing modules via ssh access(use putty), i dont know the commands to install, maybe game333 know those commands...

By default, Prosper202 had a file name p202_config_sample.php
You may try download it from their official site.

By right shared hosting company like BlueHost that was brought by EIG, do not support Propser202.
Memcache are most likely to be seen on a VPS.
Memcache is just to speed the memory caching, which mean save quicken the writing process.

Maybe you should get a VPS server?

MI
Back