The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[TUT] Kickapooh's Magnet Method

kickapooh

It's been a while since I shared a method with you guys so...

I've been doing pretty well lately with a simple offline advertising method. I recently moved to a big city and we live near a street with tons of stores and shops on it. The street is about 20 miles long and is one of those streets that have those big steel poles at every intersection to hold up the traffic lights.

I noticed there were lots of yard signs along it advertising everything from weight-loss products to electric cigarettes. This actually got me thinking so I went online and ordered myself a 25 foot roll of magnetic white vinyl (24" x 25') for $90. I guess it's the same stuff they make magnetic car stickers out of. I also bought myself an X-ACTO knife, some big stencils and a can of black spray paint made plastic.

After a couple hours of work I had made myself 100 (6" x 12") magnetic signs just like the one in my attachment.

The domain I used for the signs is one I bought a while back using a gift card and a VPN. I chose it because it's short and easy to remember.
I have it forwarded to a 'Pay Per Sale' affiliate link for the dating network I promote. There are lots of online dating sites out there with affiliate programs. The tricky part is finding one that doesn't shave and where your conversions and stats stay pretty consistent over a long period of time. If you try one that you make alot of money with at first, then you notice a big drop in conversions, most of the time they have started shaving alot and they're not a company you should stay with. So just make sure you find a good one with good reviews first of all. I found one years ago that stays very consistent and pays every 2 weeks.

I went out late at night and stuck my signs onto those big steel poles at all the major intersections.
I don't really worry about getting in any trouble for it because the domain was purchased anonymously and I'm not really destroying any property since they are just magnetic signs.

In the past couple days I've noticed a lot of new signups coming in on that affiliate link. Yesterday I had 5 paid sales from that domain and I have not used it for any other methods lately.

That's pretty much it. It's a very simple offline marketing tactic that works. I did have to invest about $130 on sign making supplies but I made that back within a couple days and now it's straight profit.

My only concern is that eventually city worker will have all my signs taken down and thrown away. If that happens I'll just make some more using a new domain and start over.

If anyone has any questions just ask. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 117
Wow - very nice man, so what sort of hits are you getting? whats the payout? id love to see some stats - this is inspirational man - NICE!

This is the offline marketing strategy that I find interesting. Congratulations to your success and bravery. If your business does go big, you won't have to stick to your strategy anyway.

The problem there is if you get caught in the act. You might get in trouble. You only have limited senses, in case you forgot. But congratulations anyway. So how's it going now?

Nice, I'm a little surprised that you are getting that good of results, you think people would have banner blindness on that stretch of area since its so saturated.

banners
Back