The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Turn off the noise and focus! But how...?

JonathanB

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Hack Your Carbs - Weight Loss & Cooking Affiliate Program
Hi Everyone!

My name is Jonathan. I'm a German/Canadian marketer and pretty new to the Affiliate Marketing world.

In my prior business (a music pr agency for independent artists and record labels) I had some good success doing Lead Gen in 12 European GEOs and eventually managed to exit it two years ago. Since then I've been traveling full-time...

Back then the task was easy: You have only one offer for one audience...Sell it. Then build systems, hire people, grow, repeat. (I'll leave the millions of struggles, big and smaller failures, ups and downs out to keep this post simple and positive) ;-)

When entering the affiliate marketing arena the task is still simple: There are offers and you have to sell them.

And the fact that there are:
- hundreds of thousands of offers available and,
- billions of people to advertise to and,
- easy to use marketing tools to reach them
makes AM one of the biggest business opportunities in our life-time and I'm very happy I've found it!

On the flip side of that "biggest chance coin" is that no matter if Dating, Games, Apps, eCom, Sweeps on Pops, Native, Facebook, Search etc. - In every vertical, on every traffic source and in every GEO there are people crushing it making at least xx.xxx/day.

So with all these offers and sources available - How do you decide what and where to promote?

After all no one can promote everything everywhere at the same time. At least not at the beginning...

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best,
Jonathan

PS: I decided to promote offers I understand, in GEOs I had success before and on traffic sources I already have experience. A simple breakdown would be all sorts of Lead Gen in Europe on Facebook.

Hello and welcome, fellow Canuck! :)

Well, it sounds like you've had a lot of experience leading up to this new leg of your journey. That hard-earned knowledge won't go to waste.

You have a lot of questions swirling around in your head. I recommend tackling them one at a time. Read some threads and posts about picking good offers then take your next step. You can go to the homepage then use the little magnifying glass on the upper right to search for the topics you're interested in.

Are you already signed up with a network?

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread in the appropriate forum to let us know. Someone will help you.

Enjoy the forums, Jonathan!

Hello and welcome, fellow Canuck! :)

Well, it sounds like you've had a lot of experience leading up to this new leg of your journey. That hard-earned knowledge won't go to waste.

You have a lot of questions swirling around in your head. I recommend tackling them one at a time. Read some threads and posts about picking good offers then take your next step. You can go to the homepage then use the little magnifying glass on the upper right to search for the topics you're interested in.

Are you already signed up with a network?

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread in the appropriate forum to let us know. Someone will help you.

Enjoy the forums, Jonathan!

Hi Azgold, thank you very much for your reply and advice. It's a good idea to tackle all questions one at a time. Also good to have a forum like this with active members to exchange knowledge and network. See you around and thanks again!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jonathan. I'm a German/Canadian marketer and pretty new to the Affiliate Marketing world.

In my prior business (a music pr agency for independent artists and record labels) I had some good success doing Lead Gen in 12 European GEOs and eventually managed to exit it two years ago. Since then I've been traveling full-time...

Back then the task was easy: You have only one offer for one audience...Sell it. Then build systems, hire people, grow, repeat. (I'll leave the millions of struggles, big and smaller failures, ups and downs out to keep this post simple and positive) ;-)

When entering the affiliate marketing arena the task is still simple: There are offers and you have to sell them.

And the fact that there are:
- hundreds of thousands of offers available and,
- billions of people to advertise to and,
- easy to use marketing tools to reach them
makes AM one of the biggest business opportunities in our life-time and I'm very happy I've found it!

On the flip side of that "biggest chance coin" is that no matter if Dating, Games, Apps, eCom, Sweeps on Pops, Native, Facebook, Search etc. - In every vertical, on every traffic source and in every GEO there are people crushing it making at least xx.xxx/day.

So with all these offers and sources available - How do you decide what and where to promote?

After all no one can promote everything everywhere at the same time. At least not at the beginning...

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best,
Jonathan

PS: I decided to promote offers I understand, in GEOs I had success before and on traffic sources I already have experience. A simple breakdown would be all sorts of Lead Gen in Europe on Facebook.

Hello @JonathanB :)

Welcome to AffiliateFix! :affiliatefix::affiliatefix::affiliatefix:

MI
Back