propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Trying to understand landing pages with POF

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by BrianD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. BrianD

BrianD Affiliate affiliate

Hi,
    I have currently only been direct linking with the Campaigns I have run on POF but would like to try landing pages to try and get a better ctr.
    The problem is I am not sure how to pass the sub id's from POF to the Aff network.
    I think if I put my affiliate link on the Landing Page with the sub id's then that part will be ok but I am not sure what to put in the url field on POF to get the info that I need.
    Any help would be great as I cannot find a simple explanation anywhere.
    Thank you
    Brian

2. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

Passing your SubID from your landing page to your affiliate network will take a little programming knowledge, but basically it would look something like this:

At the top of your landing page:
    PHP:
    <?php
    $keyword 
    $_GET['keyword'];
    $affiliatelink "http://myaffiliatenetwork.com/track.php?subid=$keyword";
    and then in your call-to-action you'd like to your affiliate link with something like:
    HTML:
    <a href="<? echo $affiliatelink; ?>">call-to-action</a>

In POF you'd have your link as something like: mydomain.com/?keyword=24-40m and then that keyword would be passed into your affiliate link's SubID slot using the $keyword variable and your call-to-action button would like to your $affiliatelink.

Edit: lol. I'm terrible at explaining programming stuff.

3. vitaguy

vitaguy Affiliate affiliate

It seems as if IM is still for programmers? I guess Fiverr or Gigbucks will have to rescue us.

4. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

Knowing some programming isn't a requirement in all situations, but I find it's definitely helpful.

5. BrianD

BrianD Affiliate affiliate

Hi Luke
    thanks for your help.
    I have just read something that suggests prosper202 or similar will solve my problem. Would you agree?
    Also in my original post I meant to say conversion rate not CTR.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed