The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

TrustRank is the NEW PageRank

K

KyleEagle

If you want a website ranked nowadays, Google PageRank is meaningless when it comes to getting your website ranked. Prior to 2011, PageRank actually meant something, but now Google knows it can be manipulated easily and does not consider it as much value. If you're wondering how Search Engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN rank your website, they now used an algorithm known as "TrustRank", a 1000 point system that's basically your websites Credit. The system's points go from 0.00 to 10.00 (10 being the best) and can be measured through the following tool that I use religiously: SeoMastering's TrustRank Tool. I have also listed some important key factors to getting higher TrustRank blow. Google loves anything above a 3.50 TrustRank, and that pretty much means your website is going to be crawled before a 24 hour period.

Tip One - Use high quality backlinks. Forum profiles and blog comments will lower your credibility with Google as soon as they begin to crawl those websites. You must spend the money and find high quality websites that have either been around for more than 3 years and has a TrustRank higher than 2.00. Linking with anything below a 2.00 is worthless and will most likely not give you much authority. Do not cut corners and try to purchase backlinks off of Fiverr, as I have tried it in the past and it had been very detrimental to my overall rankings.

Tip Two - Ping frequently! If you're using a WordPress blog, pinging won't be a problem. However, if you're not using WordPress, or if you want a more powerful pinging tool, I recommend using PingDevice. Even though I have a WordPress blog with modified pinged websites, I always use this tool after each new post has been added. You want to let as many high authority websites to be notified that you've updated your website recently, and this is the most powerful tool around.

Tip Three - Update your website as frequently as possible. A stale website is the last thing an SEOer wants. Stale pages are often valued lower than frequently updated websites such as news / blog websites (As you may notice, these websites get indexed immediately). It may take a while for Search Engines to crawl a website daily, but keeping fresh content will give you a significant boost as soon as it has been picked up. Try updating at least once a day and using unique-style content, as Google checks for duplicate content as well. If you're using images, you must have the "title" and "alt" tag available.

TrustRank will never be fully understood, but the patten TrustRank follows includes these as some of it's rules. Keep all URLs SEO friendly "yoursite.com/page.html".

Nice read Kyle thanks - a question on pinging, does your sitemap do this for you?

banners
Back