The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Tracking: What should I track besides KW and Ad CTR?

schleprock

I have been dabbling in affiliate marketing for about 2 months now. I don't really know what I am doing.
What reports on Google and Bing do I really need to run?

Most days I spend money and don't make any. Today I spent about 11 bucks and made 96 dollars. What this means to me is, I am finally profitable. I should keep going. Great. Now I need to know why I made money.

I need to know what tracking information from the search engines is important to look at. I do know to get rid of dead beat KWs and to disable low CTR ads but after that I am lost.

I also use ClickMagic so I have some tracking there but I don't really know what to do with it either. I applied all the tokens from both Bing and Google but they don't seem to show up in any ClickMagic reports. All I know how to do is to look at fake clicks (which seem very minimal in my Bing and Google campaigns).

* Why did I need to add all the tokens, if Bing and Google already gather that information for me?
* I use LongTailPro to find me really targeted KWs. So I don't think I should be trimming any of those KWs but I don't know that for sure

Anyway, where can I get a good overview of what I should be tracking. A best practices article or something. I don't know what I am doing. Something that will show me important metrics in general and allow me to get a framework in my head that I can use to think about tracking other variables that are important to my specific campaigns.

Also, I have a horrible gateway page. (My ads feed to a blog post and from there the visitor clicks through to the Clickbank offeror's LP, I think that makes mine a gateway?)
I made this 3 days ago and started advertising:
http://ragingalcoholic.com/stop-panic-attack/

To make matters worse I use the same gateway to send my Remarkets from Bing back to.
It seems to me that I should have a different gateway page to send Remarkets back to. Something more suitable to people who saw the first page and left. In fishing terms, if the fish are feeding and your livebait is going untouched, switch to a fly or a lure, or something else. Also, I think my first gateway page stinks, so I need to fix it to. I need a better starter and a better remarket.

I looked for similar LPs on Bing and Google but they were all for supplement type products. Not the same as my offer. Where can I go to get a good example? Also, can I pay someone on Fiverr or SEO Clerks (or someplace) to make me one. I am sure a really good LP costs fortune but can I get a decent one for $50 or so from somewhere? Or is it a waste of time and money. I can make my own crappy LP.

Any advice?

Thank you for reading and considering this question

First of all, the information and token you need to use and track is limitless, I advise you should sign up a tracking tool. Learn the curve and find out what token they provide and how it will increase your campaign ROI.

Did you read ClickMagick's documentation on how to capture keywords for PPC campaigns? Heck, CM titles the section of their website "The 1 Hour Guide To Click Tracking" for the entire Tracking section.

Tracking Pay-Per-Click Keywords

You guys/gals have to start reading the documentation for the software that you use. You're crippling yourselves. Especially, when it's costing you money.

banners
Back