The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking my own offers with CpvLabs+Wordpress+Woocommerce

Cory

affiliate
Hello All,

Extremely new to all of this so I apologize ahead of time if these questions are a little basic.

I have my own products and services and I just picked up CpvLabs. I use OptimizePress for landing pages and Woocommerce on Wordpress to sell my products/services.

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to set up tracking. I've read the manual, searched Google, and even asked their support. The issue is that I'm so new to this that their "clear" answers are still hard for me to digest. Ultimately, I'd like to track clicks to my landing page, clicks to the shop from the call to action, and have a dynamic cart total pixel fire once the sale is complete.

Can anyone recommend any remedial resources for me to review to learn the terminology and how this all works? Also if anyone has some hints or tips on how to accomplish my tracking goals it would help a ton. To sweeten the pot I'll buy you a couple rounds if you're ever in AZ :)

Thanks for taking the time,

C.

if its just clicks inside your own wordpress site you want to watch ...just the run of the mill wordpress.com stats plugin will do that.....

CPV labs would be installed on its own tracking domain....or somesub.yourdomain.com

if your serving up your own ads from a traffic platform like decisive .....
read this guys blog it is excellent info Prosper202, CPVLab, and Bevo Media Conversion Tracking

myself if it just my products I am promoting...i would of used Thrive tracking to learn for 30 days for free..... if you read the ins and outs of all the tracking platforms ..Im pretty sure thrive will come out cheaper over the long run ( if your running oooodles of traffic that is )

even cheaper would be prosper ...but I havent looked at or used it myself...but it is free.

this thread has some info...( havent read all of it myself ) Multiple Product Tracking in CPV Lab (using woocommerce) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Then if you want big time no nonsense info then STM forums for sure has multiple guides on using CPVLABS ...along with every other tracking platform there is ....paid monthly forum and well worth the price of admission

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey pshott,

Thanks for the reply! I'll pull up those resources and read them now. I appreciate the feedback and help.

C.

heh forgot to claim my brewskies....I should be in AZ ( near AZ golf resort ...I drink Guiness :p ) in March for a baseball tournament...also edited my post above added some more info

heh forgot to claim my brewskies....I should be in AZ ( near AZ golf resort ...I drink Guiness :p ) in March for a baseball tournament...also edited my post above added some more info

Guinness it is my friend.

OK, so I gave those resources a shot and got much closer. But I still have a few things I'm hung up on and wondering if anyone can recommend some resources for learning or if you have tips you could share from personal experience that would help huge.

I have placed the CpvLabs tracking code on my landing page, and I have added the code to the offer links.

The issues I am having is when I test everything and check my reports, it shows that I have had 1 visitor, and 1 conversion (clicking the Call To Action which refers them to my shop). However, under the LP Clicks and LP CTR are still showing as zero.

Second, I have created a Facebook pixel in order to track a sale. I have placed the tracking pixel on the checkout screen but it only fires when the customer is redirected back to the shopping cart after the order has finished. The redirect takes a few seconds and if they exit out before the redirect takes place, it won't fire the pixel. Also, I am still unable to find any detailed information on how to make the pixel report the cart total to CpvLabs. Has anyone done this personally? I have contacted Cpv Support for this and it has gone unanswered and I have resubmitted the question as it has surpassed their time for getting back.

Last thing.... I use OptimizePress for a few pages and I would like to edit the source code using FTP or FileManager but have searched high and low and can't find where my pages are being stored. Does anyone know how to access the html for pages created using OptimizePress?

Thanks ahead of time for all the help and input. I know I have a lot here. Anything helps.

C.

Last try for a reply and if no one knows then I'll just let this die and move on. Cheers.

C.

I don't think there are an abundance of CPVLab users here that are familiar with trying to integrate it with a shopping cart. I think you would be better served with a tracking system more geared towards this goal. I have used Bevo for tracking and I know they have the means to what you want as i understand it. I made a quick search and found a thread in their support forum that walks you through the process. Go join for free, and try this link once you are logged into Bevo.

banners
Back