The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking issues, keeping track on what I’m doing.

olleper

affiliate
Hi Guys.

Tracking issues, keeping track on what I’m doing.

Just set up PeerFly’s tracking with pixel code from 7 Search, seems like a great system with good data.

Unfortunately I haven’t found this system with any other of the networks am using.
Any suggestions of other affiliate / CPA networks that have good tracking set up?

Then the real tracking problem; our own landing pages?
designerfashion-boutique com
datingloverelationships com

This landing pages, (still under construction, and in need of text and valuable information.) Are predominantly merchant banners and hyperlinks pointing directly to the affiliate network.

So what can we do to collect some data here?
Are there any solutions out there?
Any third-party tracking?

Looking forward to some great ideas

Cheers mates…

Ollep

Well you'll most likely want to put a link cloaker on your links. There is a link cloaker here at cpafix. . com/tool/linkcloacker There are other way such a url shrinker or javascript to hide where someone is going. The best being domain.com/product with a redirect.

Google analytic is a good free tracking tool. Also a banner code on the banners will tell you which get clicked.

Thanks Guys.

I'm using Google Analytics on all sites, but I havn't figured out how to track what page link are being clicked.
When banner ads being clicked on the landing page they are actually leaving, at the moment that is recorded as "Bouncing" in my Analytics.

I also pas this data from 7Search;
http...www mepys com/healthyenergyvitamins/ &s1 =###KEYWORD### &s2 =###AFFID### &s3=###RID###

It's captured in PeerFly, and can apparently be captured on "Thank You" pages - but what about a landing page the visitors just "pas by real quick"?

Will follow up on Link Cloaker and Prosper 202 right away..

Cheers for now...

Ollep.

Keep in mind that you have to choose between hosted and self hosted trackers. As long as you have at least a VPS you can use the selfhosted trackers, shared hosting won't work.

If you want a hosted tracker, then I would try BEVO. They have a free version and a paid version. Both are the same except the paid tracker synchronizes with your aff networks and offers email and text support. They also have a forum where the company owner is among the moderators.

CPVLab is considered the gold standard at present. If you are new to marketing and tracking, CPVLab may be a bit of over kill. However, once you are generating solid, replicable success, then you will likely want this one.

Prosper - Self Hosted & Free
CPVLAB - Self Hosted and $299
BEVO - Hosted on their servers with both Free & Paid @ $20 per mo

There are one or two more that I haven't tried. Many companies are building their own now. IMGrind, PPC-Coach, etc.

No matter which one you choose, there will be an initial steep learning curve, but it is definitely worth it. You can't push to the next level without proper tracking.

Tracking is a must, my opinion on the products pretty much reflects what I read about them before I used them. I am currently trying all of these and I am leaning towards BEVO for the time being. Prosper is okay, but there are some things it just can't do. I really like CPVLab, but I think I'll wait on this one until I have a little more experience in tracking to buy this. I've been using a friends CPVLab tracker for the past few weeks while I manage his accounts (he's on vacation). Great tool!

T J

tjtutor said it best, here is a list of other tracking sources available.

cpvlab.com ( $297 - updates are optional for $147/y to host on VPSor dedi)
tracking202.com($500/m) - prosper202 free script to host on VPSor dedi
demontracking.com/ (47 one time script to host on VPSor dedi)
bevomedia.com - free hosted tracking platform all types of traffic/Mobile, choice to be verified.
imobitrax.com (130/m script to host on VPSor dedi)
humandemand.com/ (hosted mobile platform 1500 not sure about the monthly)
tracker.mobaff.com/ free mobile tracking platform upto 1million clicks a month
gotrythis.com/ coming out soon with V3
statsremote.com 30/m or 300/y
niftystats.com/ - free version
clixtrac.com/ -free/paid

Has anyone ever heard of "Extreme Tracking" ? I'm just curious if they offer the kind of tracking I'll need for CPA offers.
I guess the only thing I really need is conversion tracking, is that right?
Thanks for any advice,
Chris

Extreme Tracking has been around since 2009, I think!? But I have no experience with them. I haven't heard anyone speak of them either. They are out of the Netherlands, have both a free and a paid version, and I think they even have a trial of the pro version. What I do know is they are not at the top of the list with anyone I know.

There is a lot more to tracking than just conversions. Proper tracking will give a set of data that includes Keywords, Partner Id's and Aff ID's. The data can tell you which Partners and Affs are sending bad or junk traffic as well as successful traffic. You will also see the times of day so that you can optimize the best times for earnings, click thrus, etc. There is a ton of data to consider. Once you learn the patterns in the data and how to utilize it, you will automatically know what to optimize and how.

Tracking is something you MUST learn. If you aren't utilizing a true tracking interface, then you are never going to see the truth about your traffic or be able to optimize your traffic. This isn't something you should take lightly. Learn one traffic source until you are an expert with it, learn tracking through one of the free tracking scripts available and become an expert at it, learn which landing pages work the best for your offer and become an expert at it.

I promise you if you stick to one traffic source, one tracking platform, and one set of landing pages (I recommend 10 versions of the same lander) until you have them down like a Mohamed Ali opponent, then you will have the ability to set up several campaigns in several niches at the same time and be able to refine them and scale the winners.

IMO, if you choose any other path, you will get tired of trying and give up. I don't believe that you will find anyone in this game that will tell you anything different. I am reasonably new to CPA, I've been in it for about 6 months. I read everything, I've been to every forum, I have had personal instructions from big names in the biz, and when I finally followed every step they laid out (which I outlined above) I started to make some real money.

It's a business, it isn't hard, but there is a learning curve that cannot be avoided. Have fun with it and the time will pass fast. Then the money comes.

T J

Thanks Tj, you're right. I haven't heard anyone else talking about it either, so that probably means a lot. I think I'll stick to prosper until I can afford CPV lab..at least that's the plan for now. Thanks

Thanks guys, a lot of great information here - I'm testing and learning.

IMSights, I was on to Prosper202 hoping to at least do a trial on it, as soon as I went to signup, I was on to some payment selection site.
Options of $5.00 or $19.00 per day!!
Where do I find the free version?
Also have a fair bit to learn about "Link Cloaker" adrian, any tutorials anywhere?

Finally tjTutor - Many wise words - Thanks.
I've come to realize the stupidity of "messing around in the dark", I have paused almost all my PPC campaigns until I have proper tracking working.

Peer Fly and Max Bounty looks pretty good with the tracking data, but what about CJ? Haven't been able to find an easy way there?

Cheers guys - thanks a lot for your contributions.

Olle...

Hi again - I'm back.

Just tested the CPAfix cloaking tool, and got a "Not Found" and 404 error.

Here's the data; (some extra spaces in case I'm not allowed to post links.)
DFB_MyNetSale
xxxxxxxx track commissionfactory com au /t /10771 /8876 /member /join

xxxxxxx.xxx tinycpa com /1771 / DFB_MyNetSale

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

OllePer

Hi olleper,

This is a different issue. You should create a new thread for this issue in the appropriate area.

Thanks, T J

Hi again - I'm back.

Just tested the CPAfix cloaking tool, and got a "Not Found" and 404 error.

Here's the data; (some extra spaces in case I'm not allowed to post links.)
DFB_MyNetSale
xxxxxxxx track commissionfactory com au /t /10771 /8876 /member /join

xxxxxxx.xxx tinycpa com /1771 / DFB_MyNetSale

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

OllePer

Sorry the tools are in need of upgrading - we will be partnering with AffKit.com to provide better tools in 3.0.

Thanks guys..

Prosper 202 is downloaded - now it just need to be installed...

Will eventually get organised here, at the moment is a whole bunch of loose ends flying around...

Cheers for now...

OllePER

banners
Back