monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

This new grocery concept should terrify Wal-Mart, Target, and Whole Foods

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by AF-Roger, Sep 14, 2015.

1. AF-Roger

AF-Roger Affiliate affiliate

[​IMG]

Kroger is dominating the grocery industry.

The retailer has enjoyed 47 quarters of same-store sales growth.

Kroger has opened a new concept store near its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. The location — the company's second largest ever — includes everything from gourmet food to clothing and housewares.

Read more Kroger opens giant marketplace - Business Insider

2. monetizer
  3. KSixJeremy

KSixJeremy Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

Used to shop Kroger a lot when I lived in Georgia. I always enjoyed the store!

4. AF-Roger

AF-Roger Affiliate affiliate

When I was a boy, we had a Krogers 2 blocks away.

It is a good store

5. osydious

osydious Affiliate affiliate

Wait, I feel like y'all are barely getting into Krogers. Has Texas had Krogers for a while then? Cos, man, I usually go there every other day.

6. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

We don't have Krogers in Canada but one chain (at least) of grocery stores has a wine store. Only Canadian wines but it's something if you forgot to pick something up at the liquor store.

7. osydious

osydious Affiliate affiliate

Ah, okay. I get you. Well, here in Texas we have like a bunch of Kroger's, Wal-Mart's, H-E-B's, Costco, & Whole Foods. Not really any sort of competition or any of that sort. I mean, if they had the wine thing that I see on the displayed picture then that'd be a different story. Then people would literally be choosing where to go and stuff.

8. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

Sorry, should have said that the wine store is inside of the grocery store. It's a separate entity housed inside the front corner.

The only places here that can sell any kind of alcohol for you to take home are the Liquor Control Board and a few remote places that are more than xx? kms away from an official liquor store, i.e. Northern Ontario. Oh, and vineyards.

I have heard though, that in Quebec (I've never been) you can buy booze in grocery and convenience stores. No idea if it's true or not.

We also have Costco and Wal-Mart. They both came several years ago. Target tried but they pulled out of Canada after less than two years.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI