The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

the other two tracking tools?

watermelonman

hey Charles,
I know you've recommended prosper202 for beginners and cpvlab for those who have already built a budget. But what about other tracking tools? For example, Bevomedia and Ruck's imobitrax? Ruck claims his tracking solution is so good that affiliates are using it not only for mobile tracking, but for tracking everything. have you tried it yet? any positive/negative comments? Can they track things that are not available in prosper202 and cpvlab?

(I know these two are a lot expensive but let's assume I do have the budget)

thanks millions!

thanks Charles for answering all my other questions!!

I guess there's a reason for you to not answer this question and it could be:
---this is a super dumb question
---you are worried about the fact that Ruck has got tattoos all over his body and looks like a gangster and may send a hitman to your place if you say anything negative :)

so maybe "no comment" is your answer? haha

Nah, there's just tons of questions and I'm extremely busy at the moment (on vacation). Just kinda answering the ones that are easiest and take less time for now

well i'm not on vacation so i'll chime in here and help out :)

Prosper 202 and CPVLab were designed to track non mobile campaigns. so unless they get an overhaul they're not going to be your tool of choice for mobile campaigns. that's not to say you couldn't slap a PHP script in front of the tracking URLs so as to determine important mobile metrics like carrier, OS, and handset and plug them into your tracking variables. you could, using a free service to characterize the mobile nature of the click. but it's not something a beginner is likely to be able to figure out. also, in the case of Prosper there are also only 4 extra tracking variables, which is insufficient to handle mobile data AND other tracking data, like ad ID and demographics. there may be more variables in CPVLab but still not enough, i don't think.

then there are are mobile trackers like iMobitrax (about $1500/yr) and MobAff Tracker (free up to one million clicks/month). these accommodate all the important mobile variables. iMobitrax probably has better mobile characterization, but in terms of all the metrics that really matter to most mobile marketers, the two pieces of software are probably close to being on an even footing.

i haven't used either of the mobile trackers. my opinions are just based on having investigated them a little. i'm a cheapskate, so i'll be starting with MobAff Tracker to learn the ropes. one last thing - the MobAff tracker is hosted, which some marketers might not like so much, but then you don't have to maintain the software or the server. iMobitrax on the other hand, i think might be self hosted.

so for marketers on a budget, Prosper 202 and the MobAff Tracker are decent choices.

for me i see that you can start with P202 and then if u built a bidget buy cpvlab and track with it ;) remember the paid one is the best of course!

MI
Back