monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Testing - just keep spending?

Discussion in 'Mobile Marketing' started by balling2015, Aug 8, 2014.

1. balling2015

balling2015 Affiliate affiliate

Hey guys,

So I am testing a campaign right now and here are the results:

Day 1: Spent $40, earned $6 on 2 conversions
    Day 2: Spent $60, earned $24 on 8 conversions

I just cranked up Day 2 budget to $100 so I'm going to spend another $40 today. All I'm doing at this point is testing a bunch of landers, but I highly doubt any of these landers will reach a positive ROI (I need to pause targets before I have a chance at that).

My question is how good of an ROI do I need to get with my lander before I start trying to optimize targets to profitability? It's kinda scary how fast I can lose money testing with the volume on this traffic source.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. monetizer
  3. arc0300

arc0300 Affiliate affiliate

i throw like $50-100 on an offer sometimes. let it run. then i go back and look at the stats. i first look at the ISP. and then the category (if you're able to track that), the banner CTR % and pause ones that suck and then fine-tune it from there).

youre getting conversions which is good. just have to find out how/where it's converting and then cut out all the others that aren't. then scale. get more volume with the positive ROI.

4. cashmoneyaffiliate

cashmoneyaffiliate Moderator moderator Service Manager affiliate

Personally i try to get may landing page to at least a -50% ROI before cutting targets..

5. balling2015

Cool. I've actually got 3 landers doing better than -50% right now, but they all need more data. My best one is at -20%. Looks promising. How much of a gain do you usually see once you start cutting targets?

6. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

Looks promising. Which traffic source is it?

7. balling2015

Alright so here are the last 2 days results:

Day 2: Spent $100, earned $45 on 15 conversions
    Day 3: Spent $100, earned $39 on 13 conversions

I paused 1 target which had sent me over 200 visits without converting, but none of the landing pages have really pulled away statistically significantly. Best one is currently at -40%.

Could someone move this to follow alongs?

Featured Resources (View All)

MI