“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Testing - just keep spending?

balling2015

affiliate
Hey guys,

So I am testing a campaign right now and here are the results:

Day 1: Spent $40, earned $6 on 2 conversions
Day 2: Spent $60, earned $24 on 8 conversions

I just cranked up Day 2 budget to $100 so I'm going to spend another $40 today. All I'm doing at this point is testing a bunch of landers, but I highly doubt any of these landers will reach a positive ROI (I need to pause targets before I have a chance at that).

My question is how good of an ROI do I need to get with my lander before I start trying to optimize targets to profitability? It's kinda scary how fast I can lose money testing with the volume on this traffic source.

Thanks

Last edited:
i throw like $50-100 on an offer sometimes. let it run. then i go back and look at the stats. i first look at the ISP. and then the category (if you're able to track that), the banner CTR % and pause ones that suck and then fine-tune it from there).

youre getting conversions which is good. just have to find out how/where it's converting and then cut out all the others that aren't. then scale. get more volume with the positive ROI.

Hey guys,

So I am testing a campaign right now and here are the results:

Day 1: Spent $40, earned $6 on 2 conversions
Day 2: Spent $60, earned $24 on 8 conversions

I just cranked up Day 2 budget to $100 so I'm going to spend another $40 today. All I'm doing at this point is testing a bunch of landers, but I highly doubt any of these landers will reach a positive ROI (I need to pause targets before I have a chance at that).

My question is how good of an ROI do I need to get with my lander before I start trying to optimize targets to profitability? It's kinda scary how fast I can lose money testing with the volume on this traffic source.

Thanks

Personally i try to get may landing page to at least a -50% ROI before cutting targets..

Personally i try to get may landing page to at least a -50% ROI before cutting targets..

Cool. I've actually got 3 landers doing better than -50% right now, but they all need more data. My best one is at -20%. Looks promising. How much of a gain do you usually see once you start cutting targets?

Alright so here are the last 2 days results:

Day 2: Spent $100, earned $45 on 15 conversions
Day 3: Spent $100, earned $39 on 13 conversions

I paused 1 target which had sent me over 200 visits without converting, but none of the landing pages have really pulled away statistically significantly. Best one is currently at -40%.

Could someone move this to follow alongs?

banners
Back