The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

TEMI what about ..................

S

smeagain

Hello TEMI
I have recently finished presenting a course on "Making Web Sites Work" at a nearby college. During the course, most students showed a lot of interest in Search Engine Promotion which was covered as a general topic relating to ALL S/Es and Directories. It was quickly established that Google Could/Would/Should supply in excess of 50% of first time visitors and as time was limited; Google was only touched on the same as all the other S/Es.

Consequently, I have been invited back to present a "How to Succeed in Google Tutorial". The preparation involved in setting out on paper my innermost thoughts and knowledge (Ref Google) gathered over the last 5 years has taken much time and trouble. This info could be shared on this Forum if enough members think it would be worthwhile.

To do this mingled with other topics as they arose would not be ideal and such a lack of continuity would dilute the effectiveness. Could I be so bold as to ask for a specific forum to be created for this exercise with me as the only topic starter but obviously all members able to respond with posts to either explore points of interest or criticise/disagree with my thoughts and opinions?

I might add that some facts will not be revealed partly because I need to maintain an edge and also partly because there are some facts that are changing too regularly. We all know that bad data such as this could harm rather than help when it comes to the ruthless Google Algo.

If you read my post, you would have noticed that I said:
"obviously all members able to respond with posts to either explore points of interest or criticise/disagree with my thoughts and opinions?"

Tha main reason for wanting a temporary exclusive Forum is to maintain "Consecutivity" (I made that word up) because the presentation will consist of probably parts 1 to 6 depending on the way it breaks down both in size and convenient topic chunks.

While you're complex in your reasoning, again, I'd welcome this idea. However, I'd wish you'd be open to massive criticism.

In other words, please don't cry if others, others whom have blasted your techniques and work against them and create ENORMOUS GOOGLE TRAFFIC, blast your bland (And yes, I'm grouping you with other so called, "Google SEO Gurus") techniques and exploit your (knowledge, as 5 yrs of Google SEO). Trust me, Google’s Algo has changed more in the past 5 DAYS than it has in the past 5 years, IMHO.

Best of Luck, and I hope I didn't scare you away. Then again, if you're posing as another, "Google SEO Guru", you'll get blasted, just as those whom try that chit on webmasterworld.com. I blast and it’s not really, “Blastingâ€ÂÂ. The topic just, “Goes awayâ€ÂÂ.

If you're sincere, I wish you well. If you're smart, and have tons of websites, why would you post your SEO secrets here? I’m not the <Insert word for dumb>

I share tidbits, but the, "Good Stuff" is exchanged via Phone/IM. But then again, I'm not a SEO guru.

If you would, call me a POS, I'd like that more than being called a SEO Guru :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with your venture

I welcome a fresh voice :D

Paul

Why would I post my SEO secrets here?
When Temi started this Forum, he had visions (I'm sure) about creating a UK version of WebmasterWorld and I welcome that.
I would (Sincerely) hope this could be achieved one day.

If a UK Webmaster wants to improve his or her skill and knowledge WebmasterWorld has a forum dedicated to UK SEO. It is however one of 17 Forums in the "Search Engine World" section of WebmasterWorld which in its greater self consists of over 50 forums. A mere drop in the ocean. I think we should have a Forum (hopefully this one) that is dedicated to UK Web Development, with SEO being a major part of that development.

If this forum is to ever get as busy, as it would need to be then it must establish a reputation for exchanging and sharing knowledge, ideas and skills. When that happens, the growth WILL be rapid and we in the UK will have a source of reference, research and problem solving that has previously only been available to our American cousins.

If and when I post (probably parts 1 to 6) of my thoughts and guidelines on 'How to succeed in Google' or whatever the series of posts is titled, I will expect discussion, disagreement, criticism, but most of all a sharing of ideas and techniques. In particular the 'Not to Do' techniques I hope will be very beneficial. If there is only blind acceptance and no questioning or alternative theories then I will be disappointed.

Should this proceed, part of my contribution may be judged by some as being basic, but for 2 reasons basics need to be included.
First the obvious is easily overlooked. Second we are a mixed ability group and no member should feel excluded because there is nothing in it for them.

Paul_KY :
Thanks for prejudging my contribution to the forum as "bland techniques" that really gives me a boost before I even make the first post. If I were clearly wrong on anything, I would expect criticism. If I were clearly badly wrong on anything, I would expect massive criticism. That is the nature of online Forums. Rest assured no secrets will be divulged partly because as you say (or type if you prefer) "Google's Algo has changed more in the past 5 DAYS than it has in the past 5 years" making specifics too volatile to quote and also I would rather keep some hard earned advantage. As the forums most prolific posts per day member do you also feel that there is a need for stimulating activity and interchange on this Forum?

smeagain,

"I think we should have a Forum (hopefully this one) that is dedicated to UK Web Development, with SEO being a major part of that development. "

I was under the impression this was a WORLDWIDE forum :!:

Again, I welcome the idea. I just wanted to make it very clear; I'm not a, "Google Guru" fan. Yes, I know, I just, "stereotyped" you. But the words you type sound so familiar to me. Most of the, "Tips" I see posted on various forums are absolute BS :roll: Or you see posts like, "No hidden text" :lol: Duh...thanks for the priceless info :roll:

If you have something new to add, I'd welcome it with open arms. And I am serious about that. And I do respect your reason for not sharing, "everything".

This whole SEO thing is really not rocket science. It couldn't be if I can obtain top rankings in the SERP's :D The , "Professional :lol: :lol: :lol: " SEO folks are going out of business (Listen to their moans: http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/25768.htm), while my pages are being ranked up top within a week of publishing. Go figure :roll: Am I going to post how this is happening on a msg board? Nope! Would I share the idea with a friend via phone? Sure! (Hi Eric :D )

smeagain,

I really do welcome your idea, and perhaps you'll have better content to post as a result of this discussion. I'm kinda like Google, in a sense, as I love ORIGINAL content. And if that is what you will bring to the table, I would absolute LOVE it!

Best Wishes

Paul

Well Paul, there is a saying:
"If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a closed environment each with a typewriter, they would eventually write the works of Shakespeare between them"

Now we both know that there are a very large number of direct descendents of monkeys who have for many years been using a keyboard to write multitudes of ramblings about Google.

So you tell me what are my chances of beating such a vast random text generator and writing something ORIGINAL about Google.

My only claim is that the information I regard as reliable either comes out of my own experimentation or from reliable and knowledgeable like minded individuals. Plus I have had several ONE to ONES with well placed Google people that matter who have given either clear yes or no answers or "No Comment" or "I don't know". I now know some of the widely held views that are merely 'Myths and Legends' but are now so deeply entrenched into folklore and revered as 'Untouchable Fact'

"there is a saying:
"If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a closed environment each with a typewriter, they would eventually write the works of Shakespeare between them"

Now we both know that there are a very large number of direct descendents of monkeys who have for many years been using a keyboard to write multitudes of ramblings about Google."

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: Excellent analogy! I like you! That's good stuff.

"My only claim is that the information I regard as reliable either comes out of my own experimentation or from reliable and knowledgeable like minded individuals"

We share the EXACT techniques.

"Plus I have had several ONE to ONES with well placed Google people that matter"

Are you speaking of Google employees?

Perhaps I'm simply misunderstanding, but are you saying you have some form if, "Inside Information"? :roll: I've heard that one before. But hey, you're not here trying to sell a, "Google SEO" book or SEO services, so again, I'm all for your idea.

Let the show begin. :D

banners
Back