The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Target traffic help

Zackkoss

affiliate
Ok so I currently have been doing affiliate marketing for 2 months now. Ive started a blog and its generally about one thing. Now I have been getting traffic. But none the less I haven't converted anything sense last Friday and its getting me very depressed. Ive also have been pinging my blog. but I don't think my traffic is exactly the kind of people I want. So does anybody know of a way that I could get more direct traffic to my blog. Visitors that are looking for what im supplying and lots of it. Thanks for any ideas or tips.

-the best way to get target traffic is search engines :
1- submit your blog to blog directories
2- comments other blog
3- submit your article to article directories
4- posting forums
5- social bookmarking
it is not just use these tactic but you should master them.
affiliate marketing need time and your blog need to rank well in search engine.
try to study your niche market and which the first place online you can get them.

I would imagin that you would promote a blog just like any other site apart from you have extra places to submit it as their are specialty sites just for blogs.

So doing things like:

link exchanges
article writing
adding your link to your email and forum sigs
etc....

Keep at it

Hi Zackkoss,

My advice to you is to stick at it! I understand that you have been doing affiliate marketing for two months, but how long has your blog been running for? If it is the same length of time I suggest that actioning dome of the suggestions posted by the members here would be a great first step, combined with actual and real communication with your audience. What do they want? What do they like to read about? What issues are important to them?

People often forget about word of mouth.

Try to make a blog psot at least once per day. Write the stuff yourself, no duplicate content.

I try to make each blog post at least 300 words.

Research your keywords and make sure to put keywords in the title and in your blog post. Do not overdo it.

Try targeting the longer keyword phrases (3-4 words). You will have a much better chance of ranking with these phrases.

Post your blogs pages to as many social bookmark sites as you can. There are some automated software packages out there that will do this automatically.

Keep at it!:D

I must admit, if you have a blog, then writting your own content is much more better than just using other peoples free reprint articles. I see alot of blogs that use other peoples articles and then I have seen alot that right their own stuff. With the blogs that write their own stuff, I feel that there has been more thought put into the content and you can see that. The content is more personal.

instead of started a single blog you can try launching number of blogs on different niches and then finally stick to one which convert best .

Depending on what type of blogging you're doing it's really about relationship forming, making friends and socializing. That way you get links, have you content shared, end up on high profile bloggers pages.

Seriously you have to produce, google loves the content and its what your readers expect.
I dont really agree with the stumbling thing, i dont find they convert or click ads, but thats been my experience, i'm will to be proven wrong on this.

Affiliate Marketing

Hi,

Successful affiliate marketing requires the same tasks to be done as any online marketing venture. First, you will need a capture or squeeze page to start building your own list of customer email contacts. The first mistake people make when starting an affiliate program is that they usually only promote the web page that is given to them for free.

McCain.

Hey,

I just started keeping few blog about things I know something. This thread have helped me alot. Generally how hard is it to get good coverage if your content and outlook is good? Is it possible to gain good coverage if my blog is otherwise good, but I haven't done any SEO/etc optimizing?

I am a little unclear in my understanding of your post

Having a blog or site that initially had great conversions amnd then dried up is different from having a site that has never had good conversions

If you initilaly had good conversions and then this dropped off, it may just be a general problem with your niche and not a site specific problem. Especially if you are still getting a large number of unique visitors

If your site has never really be a good converter then two things need to be addressed

One is your sales copy. If your copy sucks, then obviously conversions will be low

And two is where is your traffic coming from. If you are promoting a $100 product on your site and the bulk of your traffic is freebie seekers then... you catch my drift I am sure

Good luck

Keep thinking of and writing unique content. For a blog the better your knowledge and information the more traffic you will recieve. So read some ideas about your subject and write about and don't stop.

I just have one question whats social bookmarking.

Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of metadata.

In a social bookmarking system, users save links to web pages that they want to remember and/or share. These bookmarks are usually public, and can be saved privately, shared only with specified people or groups, shared only inside certain networks, or another combination of public and private domains. The allowed people can usually view these bookmarks chronologically, by category or tags, or via a search engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ways to get targeted traffic

The keywords used should be relevant to the site. If you selling a particular product, then you can go for keywords that include the terms buy, purchase, for sale and so on. If your site gives information on a specific subject, then you can go for keywords that say, info about, tips on , etc. You can use the product titles as keywords to get the targeted traffic. To increase the visitors to the blog, you can social bookmark it and also submit it to blog directories. Blog commenting is also worth trying.:)

MI
Back