The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Super Affiliates - How to Recruit Them

Linda Buquet

affiliate
From the 5 Star Affiliate Blogs ?

Super Affiliate Recruiting Tips From a TOP Super Affiliate

I always tell merchants who are interested in having me recruit for them how busy super affiliates are, how many offers they get and how very difficult it is to get their attention or any mindshare whatsoever, unless you know the secrets of how to reach them. Super affiliates, the ones that know how to drive traffic and sales, have a to-do list 10 pages long for existing programs they are already making great money with. So no way you can get the attention of a "Super" from one spam recruitment email which is the way some affiliate recruiting companies operate. (Note: I don't do ANY email recruiting, period.)

So now instead of hearing from me, lets hear from one of the very top affiliates at CJ. Jeremy Palmer owns Quit Your Day Job and is a Commission Junction "Performer" as well as the winner of the 2005 Commission Junction Award for Innovation. Jeremy tells you how to - as well as how NOT to recruit super affiliates.

Read the rest, then come back to discuss it!
http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/03/01/super-affiliate-recruiting/

email recruiting

Linda,

I think there is a way to recruit super affiliates via email WITHOUT it being SPAM RECRUITMENT. It all depends on your follow up-your demeanor and how genrally honest an approach you are making. I have had good luck with email recruiting personally because I ALWAYS follow up with a phone call, I always PERSONALIZE the email and I have creative sales tactics (since I'm not a "salesperson" I was not trained to "sell" and so people like me better when I speak to them, they are more willing to listen if i just talk to them instead of sell to them. ;) If you can do that in an email, I think your off to a good start.

Thanks Danielle

Yes you are so right. If you are going to do email recruiting, personalized friendly emails is key. Some affiliates I know really like ther personal attention of a phone call, but others don't like callse. Just depends on the person. Some managers like Shawn Collins have even had some success I think with snail mailing affiliates.

Linda

This was a great and exceptionally detailed article. Since I am starting up my own affiliate program it is best to hear the news straight from the "horses mouth" as it were. I am glad to see that the personal touch is still the most effective means for making headway with super affiliate recruitment(and affiliate recruitment in general). No one wants to be just a number; whether it is the person slaving away in the corporate office environment or the online-techno-innovator slaving away in their "home ofice" environment. The article was just "peachy."

Thanks

banners
Back