The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Suggestion for starting with Media Buying?

Site scout is is going to be a tough place for starters direct buys are better option to start or WAM, Clickbooth CPC, Adsonar, Yabuka. a few alternatives

I have been using Site Scout but either I am doing it wrong, or it's not working very well for me...

@rpwells Well you can always get feedback in this very forum section or start a follow along about your media buying journey with sitescout. And the more specific info you provide, the more accurate response and advice you will get. It depends on what you can/not share in case of sensitive business data of course. But it's definitely worth a shot, you never know which media buying ninjas :ninja: might me reading ;).

I had nice campaign found and modified on spy tool with instane ROI but traffic volume was problematic in general.
From my knowledge it was conntected to bids on other networks way too high.

Thanks,

@johnnygood Did you try creating several similar campaigns or broadening your targeting? Most the times you gotta sacrifice some ROI for the volume, finding the "sweet spot" that makes you more money. Normally smaller traffic sources give you better ROI, but volume sucks, and viceversa.

Thanks djcrunk!

I'll keep you and the other Ninja's informed. I'll PM you soon!

Although I noticed some posts above stating the opposite, I'll give a vote to Site Scout.

Media buying isn't a very simple science in essence, so it's very easy to burn a lot of money without seeing conversions when using the wrong strategy, but Site Scout has good traffic and the prices are pretty decent for many placements.

One good tip when using Site Scout is: go international. They have good traffic for many non-english speaing countries and the price can be very attractive.

I would be VERY careful of traditional media buying if you are a newbie. I would start out with PPC to test the offer on a lower scale, then boost it with media traffic once you have finetuned everything a bit. The last thing you want is getting hit by something unexpected like a merchant complaining about lead quality, etc. Google display network would be a good start to see if the offer converts and the merchants are happy, then scale up via sitescout for starters I would say.

banners
Back