The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Subdomain VS Subdirectory in SEO

Can you help me with this guys?

What are most often good in SEO and ranking?

A subdomain? blog.domain.com
or
a subdirectory ? domain.com/blog

Anyone can share your experience and ideas?

In terms of blogging, and landing page.
Thanks a lot guys.

If you're going to use it at blog example, the subdomain is the best solution, but if you want it to show different languages, countries, products etc., I personally prefer using subdirectory.

Hope my personal opinion will help you.

One thing I would like to add is that using a sub domain is like a whole new site. Not sure if that is still the case but I read in SEOBook one day that a sub domain is considered a new site. So if you use a sub folder then that adds value to the main domain where as if you use a sub domain it is not adding value to your main domain. Does that make sense?

I could be wrong but I really read that either on SEOBook or another reputable SEO blog.

Thanks,
Jonathan Smith

So having a subdomain, building it like a new site. Doing whitehat seo's and stuffs will make it rank?
Anyone have experience making it rank?

yea i agree with jonathan and it does make sense. having a longer chain of sub directory will give you more points in the search engine i think because of structure. not sure your going to get that with subdomains.

Subdomain behaves more like its own web site than a subfolder from a search engine's perspective. But if your root domain has a higher authority that helps its subdomains to rise up. If you're planning on creating just a landing page it's better to go with subdirectory. If it's a niche site then I'd choose subdomain.

Well, I've experience in this, consider I have create 4 subdomain on a single domain and all my site ranking got tanked, just because I focus link building on one of the site, it's kinda dangerous don't you think so.

Well, I've experience in this, consider I have create 4 subdomain on a single domain and all my site ranking got tanked, just because I focus link building on one of the site, it's kinda dangerous don't you think so.

So, if one site got hammered, then all the remaining site will be affected?

MI
Back