The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Stupid Ad Networks

JailHouse

I've invested a lot of money with various Ad Networks because they give good targeting option (such as, category, carrier/wifi, demographics etc...).

However, when it comes time to optimize the campaign and you look in the reports to see which category or which connection type the traffic came from, you realize that the ad network doesn't offer that type of reporting.

What's the point of offering targeting options if you cant optimize according to those options. It just doesn't make sense.

Almost every one I have signed up with does things this way.

Anyone know of any Ad Networks which do give you full reporting features of all the targeting options they offer?

JH

You need to research before start setting up campaigns and running traffic.
Talk to your rep there before hand so you know what kind of targeting and optimising options the ad network provides.

Different networks have different ways to optimise like in some you can optimise by carriers in other you can't.

The best way would be to have a look around at the ad network and talk to your rep.

Also, you need to use a tracker instead of relying in the network stats.
Otherwise, try decisive. their platform allows you to check all the stats and block anything you need.

Also, you need to use a tracker instead of relying in the network stats.
Otherwise, try decisive. their platform allows you to check all the stats and block anything you need.

Yep, decisive is an exception. They have good reporting.

Shame I haven't made money out of them.

Anyhow, i am checking the reporting features now, after I figured out what I was doing wrong.

JH

all the data i need i get from my tracker software. never bother to look at the network's stats that much since each network has different types of reports and etc..just easier to see it all in one place.

all the data i need i get from my tracker software. never bother to look at the network's stats that much since each network has different types of reports and etc..just easier to see it all in one place.

The tracker doesn't tell you which categories to cut out. How would you do that?

The tracker doesn't tell you which categories to cut out. How would you do that?

most networks let you use tokens. and they usually have a category token that you can input into your URL. and then you can run a report on your tracking software and sort by categories.

tokens are your friends. they're the key to some detailed information.

most networks let you use tokens. and they usually have a category token that you can input into your URL. and then you can run a report on your tracking software and sort by categories.

tokens are your friends. they're the key to some detailed information.
Sadly, many Ad Networks dont have all the tokens that they target. Many don't have tokens for categories and their sub categories or channels or wifi/carrier split etc...

Yet, they offer that as a targeting option.

Here is the response from StartApp when I emailed them about this problem...

Thank you for contacting us with your question about optimizing your campaign with additional tracking macros for connection type, category, and wifi data.

Currently, we do not have these macros available, but they will be added to the next version of our advertising portal.

As soon as they are available they should be shown in the portal.

Although I dont recommend it, Its really good to create multiple campaigns category wise and carrier wise.
I normally create 2 campaigns on StartApp 1. Cellular 2. Wifi

yea. SA doesn't. but others do. like leadbolt. their new system is better now. before you weren't able to nix any categories once the campaign was approved. but now you can go back and under the 'optimize' tool, you can omit certain categories.

cloning campaigns help if there isn't a bulk upload for creatives.

You can still use their app ID tokens. I wouldn't rely that much on categories anyways, as you really want to go as broad as possible to get volume.

You need to research before start setting up campaigns and running traffic.
Talk to your rep there before hand so you know what kind of targeting and optimising options the ad network provides.

Different networks have different ways to optimise like in some you can optimise by carriers in other you can't.

The best way would be to have a look around at the ad network and talk to your rep.
Yes, it should be talk with traffic REP, but it seems that it is hard to keep in touch with them.

banners
Back