The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Strange CR Drop Few Days After Starting a Campaign

snajperist

affiliate
Hi Rohail, I have this issue which prevents me from optimizing every single campaign...

I launch campaigns promoting mobile PIN submit offers on my go to traffic source (PopAds). Almost all of them are failure from beginning but from time to time few show potential. Such campaigns have -80% ROI on average but as I usually test 10 angles, 1-3 of them have -50% ROI and sometimes one angle is close to break-even. Everything is fine for the first day or two: traffic, conversions, split tests between multiple offers have meaning, etc. Right after that period everything stops, CR is 0%! I really don't know why this happens but this is 5th campaign in row (with potential) which shows this same pattern.

Here's an example of a campaign I started on Wednesday:
Day 1. Tested 10 angles and 2 landing pages, some angles performed really bad (-100%) but 3 angles were very close to break-even. Overall ROI -71%
Day 2. Left the best landing page and angles, excluded few bad placements and iPhone as those didn't convert at all. This should improve ROI but CR dropped in the second half of a day, overall ROI -78%
Day 3. (today) 0 conversions

This campaign is just an example, as I've said the same thing happened on other campaigns before. I really don't know what causes this, it can't be the offer as I'm split testing among 4 affiliate networks and different offers. Landing page CTR drops just a little bit, but it's still quite high. Frequency of view is set to 1/24 hours, after CR dropped to 0% I changed it to 1/30 days as I though it's better that the same people don't see the same ad all over again, it didn't help.

Any idea what's going on?
Thank you for your support! :)

Are these proven offers from top lists? Many offers just convert the first hours/day and then stop. Sounds like you're not getting enough statistical significance to make decisions.

Are these proven offers from top lists? Many offers just convert the first hours/day and then stop. Sounds like you're not getting enough statistical significance to make decisions.
If campaign shows potential almost every offer seems to convert very well at the beginning. Most of them are recommend by network AMs. As you've said, offers convert for the first day and then conversions simply stop. I've blamed traffic source for low quality but now I'll contact my AMs and check their thoughts on offers, thanks!

Hi Rohail, I have this issue which prevents me from optimizing every single campaign...

I launch campaigns promoting mobile PIN submit offers on my go to traffic source (PopAds). Almost all of them are failure from beginning but from time to time few show potential. Such campaigns have -80% ROI on average but as I usually test 10 angles, 1-3 of them have -50% ROI and sometimes one angle is close to break-even. Everything is fine for the first day or two: traffic, conversions, split tests between multiple offers have meaning, etc. Right after that period everything stops, CR is 0%! I really don't know why this happens but this is 5th campaign in row (with potential) which shows this same pattern.

Here's an example of a campaign I started on Wednesday:
Day 1. Tested 10 angles and 2 landing pages, some angles performed really bad (-100%) but 3 angles were very close to break-even. Overall ROI -71%
Day 2. Left the best landing page and angles, excluded few bad placements and iPhone as those didn't convert at all. This should improve ROI but CR dropped in the second half of a day, overall ROI -78%
Day 3. (today) 0 conversions

This campaign is just an example, as I've said the same thing happened on other campaigns before. I really don't know what causes this, it can't be the offer as I'm split testing among 4 affiliate networks and different offers. Landing page CTR drops just a little bit, but it's still quite high. Frequency of view is set to 1/24 hours, after CR dropped to 0% I changed it to 1/30 days as I though it's better that the same people don't see the same ad all over again, it didn't help.

Any idea what's going on?
Thank you for your support! :)

Hi @snajperist , maybe the bad performance of those placements were affected by the bad landing pages, which means that maybe you cutted the placements which converted for the best landing pages you decided to keep. It's always better to optimize one thing at a time to be able to analyse each step you make in your optimization strategy.

Hi @snajperist , maybe the bad performance of those placements were affected by the bad landing pages, which means that maybe you cutted the placements which converted for the best landing pages you decided to keep. It's always better to optimize one thing at a time to be able to analyse each step you make in your optimization strategy.
No, I cut placements which had 0 conversions and spent x3-4 offer payout. I believe if I left those few placements I might get a conversion or two, but overall ROI for those placements would be -%95 or worse.

I always select high volume offers which are available on few networks, but all offers stop converting after a day or two.

I was working on app install campaign past week and paused it during the weekend. Before unpausing it today, I added fresh offer (different network). Two networks which worked during the past week now have 0 conversions while new offer has avg CR. I believe it will keep like this for a day or two and stop as usual.

No, I cut placements which had 0 conversions and spent x3-4 offer payout. I believe if I left those few placements I might get a conversion or two, but overall ROI for those placements would be -%95 or worse.

I always select high volume offers which are available on few networks, but all offers stop converting after a day or two.

I was working on app install campaign past week and paused it during the weekend. Before unpausing it today, I added fresh offer (different network). Two networks which worked during the past week now have 0 conversions while new offer has avg CR. I believe it will keep like this for a day or two and stop as usual.

For which countries are you buying traffic?

banners
Back