The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

starting out

rob2371

affiliate
I'm extremely new to affiliate marketing,and social media .I'm wondering what is the easiest way to start ? I just want to get something up and running but having trouble finding where to start.thanks

Hey Rob2371,

I understand how difficult it is for a newbie to get started. Affiliate marketing is about trial and error. You need to get your feet wet by launching campaigns and just experimenting how it all works.

Try offers that are lower payout offers so you can collect data with a lower budget. This can be gaming as in CPI offers or sweeps like email submits, lead gen like edu offers.

Pick a traffic source that you want to start with and stick to it. Don't jump around, master one traffic source before you move onto another. You can go with search like Bing or Adwords or you can start experimenting with Facebook. In my opinion it doesn't matter what traffic source you choose as long as you stick with it and want to master it. I started out with PPV traffic and was focusing on buying traffic from quality sources that were TrafficVance and Media Traffic(back around 2009). The key is to find out where you can buy quality traffic.

Study your competition and learn what they're doing before you dive into testing anything. Learn their LP, their ads, the offers they run.

Good luck! :)

I find that building up a good social media following can bring a good source of free traffic. Platforms like facebook, twitter, pinterest, google+ have millions of users. If you set up profiles on all of those and build your followers, you will have free traffic on tap.

Hey Rob2371,

I understand how difficult it is for a newbie to get started. Affiliate marketing is about trial and error. You need to get your feet wet by launching campaigns and just experimenting how it all works.

Try offers that are lower payout offers so you can collect data with a lower budget. This can be gaming as in CPI offers or sweeps like email submits, lead gen like edu offers.

Pick a traffic source that you want to start with and stick to it. Don't jump around, master one traffic source before you move onto another. You can go with search like Bing or Adwords or you can start experimenting with Facebook. In my opinion it doesn't matter what traffic source you choose as long as you stick with it and want to master it. I started out with PPV traffic and was focusing on buying traffic from quality sources that were TrafficVance and Media Traffic(back around 2009). The key is to find out where you can buy quality traffic.

Study your competition and learn what they're doing before you dive into testing anything. Learn their LP, their ads, the offers they run.

thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated.

I have been slowly working with social media, its fairly new to me but I agree it looks like a great,simple way to start. thanks for your advice.

Hey Rob2371,

Hi FBQueen,

Thanks for your help, and rob2371 thanks for starting this conversation.

I have a super newbie question, and I'm wonder if you could help me clarifying this point: There are many policies with FB Ads and Adwords, promotions. My question is: How do you do it? Who do you do about Bridge page, for example? You use and have your blog or website?

I understand that this informations is "Golden" but I would really appreciate your help.. I'm stuck at this point for some time.

Thank you very much!!

Usually, links go to your landing page; landing page links to your offer, blog, website, or autoresponder

Thanks a lot for your help @azgold :) I thought the easiest way is: ad --> landing page --> offer (CPI/CPA/...). But from what I've read, there are some policies in fb and adwords, which does not allow us to do this. But I also read people saying that it is possible (without black hats, cloaking,....). I wonder how do you do this?! Doing a blog/website is an option, if I can't do it from other way..

Thanks again and I really appreciate your help :)

@Pavel Nedved - make sure that the offer you are running allows FB marketing. Most offers don't anymore. That's really important.

Re setting up your ads, something from @williamrs might be helpful:

This the the fourth of four videos, I haven't seen the others but you may want to check them out sometime.

Hey Rob2371,

I know its been a while but I wanted to thank you for your reply, great advice and it is appreciated!

Welcome online buddy. It is great having you here. I am glad that many of my members and buddies have shared with you some of the key things that you can be able to do. I will say that you need to get a snippet of all these things. There after, you will sit down and decide on what you really want. I guess that should be inline with something that you have passion for. It will help you get a niche that you will work around without really struggling. Study, do research and you will get the best deal.

Welcome online buddy. It is great having you here. I am glad that many of my members and buddies have shared with you some of the key things that you can be able to do. I will say that you need to get a snippet of all these things. There after, you will sit down and decide on what you really want. I guess that should be inline with something that you have passion for. It will help you get a niche that you will work around without really struggling. Study, do research and you will get the best deal.
thank you for your response and motivation, I have been following the recent advice and always researching!

Hi everybody!
I am a newbie here. I want to start as a publisher but I don't know much. Maybe you know any platforms from which to start? My friend suggested me traffpop.com, is it good or not? Give me some advice. Thanks to everybody in advance!

Hi everybody!
I am a newbie here. I want to start as a publisher but I don't know much. Maybe you know any platforms from which to start? My friend suggested me traffpop.com, is it good or not? Give me some advice. Thanks to everybody in advance!

Hi, @George Williams and welcome! :)

Just so you know, FBQueen was here for Expert Affiliate Week, not sure when she'll be back to answer questions.

Two things you can do now:

Introduce Yourself - we love saying hi to new members (we're a family :))

Start Your Own Thread with your question. Because this thread was a question posed for FBQueen during Expert Affiliate Week, your question may get lost here and go unnoticed by those who can answer it. And we just don't like the idea of you not getting your question answered. :)

Just so you know, FBQueen was here for Expert Affiliate Week, not sure when she'll be back to answer questions.

Start Your Own Thread with your question. Because this thread was a question posed for FBQueen during Expert Affiliate Week, your question may get lost here and go unnoticed by those who can answer it. And we just don't like the idea of you not getting your question answered. :)

Thanks for help ill definately make a new thread

yes good point! this was an older thread and I had some complications preventing me from doing much for a while, but I answered it even being older simply to acknowledge my thanks for the responses.

yes good point! this was an older thread and I had some complications preventing me from doing much for a while, but I answered it even being older simply to acknowledge my thanks for the responses.

No problem at all! You're welcome to keep any relevant conversation going. :)

I just wanted to let George know, as he's new here.

MI
Back