The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Starting out with CPA-first time IMer.

Dan Allen

affiliate
Hello everyone!!

I´m new to the internet marketing scene.
For the last three weeks or so I´ve been looking at all the information available, it´s quite overwhelming, but doable :). As a starting point I´ve decided to read Newbie 411 and begin with the Easy Money with SEO method. So after reading it I have a couple of questions:

1) What skills do you think I need to develop in order to succeed in internet marketing? Learning more about writing and marketing in general?

2) How much money do I need to start with in any of these methods? Around 50+,100+, 1000+?

Thank you very much for your time to answer!:)

Hi Dan,

If you're just starting out and have no budget, you can do everything by yourself, especially if you go with seo/blogging.

Setting up wordpress is dead-easy , all you need to do is write your articles, do article submissions, press releases, directories, etc .. link exchanges for seo.

You can start with as low as 10$ if you don't plan on buying trafic, all you need is a domain name (.info are 3$/year) and a small hosting plan.

Best of luck!

Mehdi

All you need (really) is to buy a domain and hosting for a couple of months. I would recomend that you look up matt carter, and sign up in his list. He gives really good free advice. Of course, he doesn't tell you all, but trust me, it will help you.

As Mehdi said the Blogging + SEO route is extremely cheap and newbie friendly. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go!

One of the first skills you'll want to learn is proper keyword research. This will help you to find profitable yet relatively untapped keywords to target.

Mess around with the Google Keyword Tool searching for all sorts of terms and then compare them to the results in Google when you search that term. Look for keywords with a decent volume (at least 1,000) but few results (less than a million is pretty good).

Then just set up a blog based around that keyword, add content, build backlinks and monetize it with a CPA or affiliate program that's related to your niche and converts well.

Hey guys! Thank you very much for the information you´ve provided. I find it very useful.
Mehdi, I´ll definitely begin with seo/blogging strategy just to get the feeling of basic IM, $10 sounds awesome for trying something here and there!
David, I´ll look up Matt Carter, thanks!
Ok myaccountcpa it sounds a good idea to learn article marketing, any suggestions for a site or book to learn from? (I´ll try google search first).
Jay, that´s amazing advice, I´ll take a look at the Google Keyword Tool and compare it with google results for specific word niche and build my sites content based on it.

Thank you very much everyone!!

Good Luck with everything. Just remind that it will take some time untill you make your first sales so be VERY patient ;)

Ok guys! I´ve been quite inactive lately mainly because I´ve moved to another country, but today I want to tell you that I decided to start. It took me less than 2 hours to be all set with affiliating to a network. I´ve begun with Maxbounty and when I recieved their call they were very helpful and professional. As I said before I´ll start with the EASY MONEY SEO METHOD, which can be found in the Newbie 411 guide. I´ll try to record all the outcome here as well!

MI
Back