The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Squidoo and Affiliate marketing?

John Guanzon

How well do you think this would work? www.Squidoo.com allows you to build "lenses" for free about any topic you want. It is basically a web page of concentrated info about this one topic. Then if that isn't enough, they let you set up links, rss feeds, videos, amazon and ebay auctions, and more. If money is made from your lens you can opt to keep it or share it with a charity.

Now the point I am trying to get at is how well do you think something like this would effect some of your affiliate program sales if you produced lenses featuring those items?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
John Guanzon

HI John,

Not sure about Squidoo for affiliate products sales. I know a couple people including one of my clients Chris Sanderson, have affiliate marketing lenses. The ones I know of are designed more as informational lenses and to drive traffic back to the person's main site. Last I talked to Chris a LONG time ago about it, he said it had not been that great for traffic.

Does their TOS prohibit affiliate links? That's one thing to look into for sure.

Squidoo for Affiliate Promotions

Hi John,

I have several lenses that I use for affiliate promotions. There are no rules against it and in fact, Seth (Godin, the founder), welcomes you to create as many lenses as you want for marketing purposes.

I have an eBook for marketing on Squidoo, but I don't want to violate any tos here for posting a link, so if you want it, feel free to contact me here or at the Warrior Forum.
take care and good luck with it!
tiff :)
PS - You can also look me up on Squidoo and see how I'm doing some affiliate marketing.

Yes, Tiffany.

I bought your ebook. It is very informative. Learn quite abit about Squidoo from your ebook.

Thanks for writing the ebook.

Azlan

Hi, Tiffany

I have seen your lenses and book! Looks great, I wish you the best of luck! Since this post and the launch of several lenses I must say that squidoo is a viable source of traffic and possible leads if you work it correctly. I believe Tiffany is the closest to making it a science.

Best Regards,
John Guanzon

Hi Tiffany,

Belated welcome to 5 Star. So sorry somehow I missed your 1st and only post.
Please feel free to add your book and/or site to your profile and sig and post some more. Sounds like you are the type of person our members would like to hear more from!

Hi Linda!

thanks for welcoming me in. I have been kind of sick lately w/my toddler,
so my first visit was cut short, I'm afraid.

but I did pu the Squidoo link (and some others) in my sig and I'd be
more than happy to help wherever I can and of course, absorb from your forum, too!
Take care,
tiff :)

Im not sure about the affiliate thingy on Squidoo but for sure Squidoo drives traffic to my sites ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
- did not forget that squidoo is new to the market and there many lens rank well but the problem is are they convert well or not , just back links.
- I think every thing should have time and test. another thing depending to your niche market study your niche market and you will have many answers and look to squidoo most research keyword it can will help you.

I've been looking at Squidoo for a little while now and finally registered a lens. Why? Well, while doing some Adword research for an affiliate program I wanted to promote I noticed a smart affiliate had already created a lens for it....and it ranked number 3 in google for a VERY competitive product name.

That's pretty darn good. Social networks such as Squidoo will increasingly become a necessity for us affiliates. Every bit of exposure helps and sites like Squidoo are viral in nature which helps them rank better in the SE's for organic listings. When properly harnessed I think you can drive quite a bit of traffic to your affiliate sites using Squidoo Lenses.

Squidoo is great, I've just made my first sale, and my lens send me a lot of people to my main site as well.

You need to update the lens at least twice a week, and use the various plexos (amazon, feeds...).

It is a good idea to promote your lens like you would promote your blog, and to ping your lens with a service like pingoat.com after each update.

You can also add your lens to your bio box when you submit articles to directories.

Don't forget to participate in other Squidoo Groups as well.

BTW, I really like the Squidoo design. Seth is good, a good example to follow in marketing.

I'm sorry to bring you the bad news that Squidoo is no more encouraged by GOOGLE. From the last one week or so, all the squidoo lenses were slapped by the google. Even netscape has banned the squidoo lenses.

Squidoo is a great tool. I have created a few affiliate marketing lenses myself. But I'm a bit upset about my lens rankings spiraling down these days. I wonder what's their basis for their ranking system. I haven't read much about how Squidoo works because I have so little time to do so.

But I don't depend much on Squidoo alone. I use blogging, article submissions, and other social networking sites to tell people about what I can do for them.

Squidoo

I'm new to squidoo and so far so good! Then you google (just about anything) you will notice a lot of the top results coming in are squidoo lenses!

The best thing about it is you can include affiliate links :)

The main thing to keep in mind is that squidoo wants you to make lenses that include useful information about a particular product or service.

Don't expect to make millions off squidoo but I'm sure it will be an advantage to whatever it is your trying to achieve... You can also donate to charities with squidoo!

Squidoo got Google slapped pretty bad, thanks to the spammers.

So many bloggers have been talking about their lenses
dropping down or out of the Google serps.

Squidoo also tightened things up and recently had to change the rules.

Not saying Squidoo is not worth some effort just saying it's not as good as it was.

Also throwing out the warning - when people try to push the limits and start to game any system, it makes it harder for all the honest marketers to make money and ruins it for everyone.

Market with integrity and everyone wins.

I think that if you run an affiliate program, you really should join squidoo. Squidoo has helped to drive traffic to all of my websites that I have maded lenses on.

As far as affilitae programs, squidoo has directly made me money with at least 6 different affiliate programs. No I did not get rich from it, but it is helping me make a few sales every week which is better then a kick in the shin.

Squidoo lenses are really pretty easy to set up. I find that affiliate marketing is pretty easy on Squidoo. What's nice is that it seems easy to get ranked by Google fairly quickly. They also have built in modules for some affiliate programs (like Amazon), but you split your commissions with Squidoo if you use those.

You also have the option to build your own modules and put in your affiliate links, so I consider it a decent way to attract sales as well as a way to send traffic to another site if you like.

Anyway,
that's my two cents worth.
Diane

MI
Back