The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Speech Recognition Software

Andy Haskins

Landing Page Guys
Who on here uses software to work through their article writing etc?

I've seen programs advertised such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, but are they actually effective?

Three years ago I had tested the speech recognition which is preinstalled in Windows 7 for a short time.
You have to train the software for your personal voice, but then it worked (almost) fine.

I'm pretty sure that soon there will be software avaible,
which will allow you not only to dictate texts and articles via speech recognition,
but also to control your complete computer system via a microphone, a bluetooth headset or even by the mobile phone.

Last edited:
Marc, I wasn't even aware that there was software built in to Windows 7, that's interesting!

It's just one of those thoughts that if you have a lot to write then it may be worth considering, I don't necessarily write much but wouldn't mind using something generally for blog posts, emails etc.

^^ You will find the Windows 7 speech recognition in the Control Panel among "Ease of Access".

I'm already looking forward what the future will bring in brilliant tools of the digital technology.
I mean controlling your complete computer by a headset or a mobile, including text dictations, ... simply great.

Btw, there is also already a "digital pen" available (about 80 €), which transforms texts, which you have written by hand, into a digital font like Arial etc. Via an USB you transfer the data on your computer, and then you will have your handwritten text immediately digitally edited on your PC.
I'm just excited about the possibilities offered by the digital technology :)

Last edited:
I've just been playing around with the Windows 7 Speech Recognition and it's brilliant so far, quite something!

As for the hand writing, I'm probably faster at typing that hand writing as it stands but the technology gets better all the time.

I've got dragon but didn't know the windows speech could do similar stuff... I'll definitely check it out and thanks for the heads up.

Either way it is definitely the way to get a lot of content written fast, and more importantly, painlessly!!

Dragon takes quite a bit of training to recognise your voice though... But once it's there its great.

I've just been playing around with the Windows 7 Speech Recognition and it's brilliant so far, quite something!

As for the hand writing, I'm probably faster at typing that hand writing as it stands but the technology gets better all the time.

Gave this a go again the other day and wasn't having much luck, maybe I need to retrain it!

Anyone else recommend Dragon?

I was offered speech recognition software as a gift when I got sick but I declined, hoping to never need it. My nephew (a writer) tried the Windows version. When I asked him if it worked well, he screwed up his face and said something like, "sort of." So, I've never bothered to try it but would love to use something that like that, I think it would be tons faster.

Marc - if you could operate your computer from a headset/whatever, does that mean the guy sitting 4 ft. away from you could, too? Sounds like it would be really convenient but I wondered about that aspect. By the way, your excitement leapt off the screen. :)

Who on here uses software to work through their article writing etc?

I've seen programs advertised such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, but are they actually effective?

I tried it in the past, but for creative writing I really didn't dig it. I still embrace the pen & paper in combination with the keyboard.

Marc - if you could operate your computer from a headset/whatever, does that mean the guy sitting 4 ft. away from you could, too? Sounds like it would be really convenient but I wondered about that aspect.

Sorry for my late answer, but I haven't noticed these posts earlier.
Tbh, I don't know to what extent other voices from the background can have an influence on the voice control,
but I am assuming that the developers of these softwares also deal with such problems.

I for myself will solve this problem in that I will not allow guys up to 4 ft near to me, but only girls ;)

Hi Andy, what exactly are you looking for?
Have tried in the past too but im better of (and faster) to just type the bloody thing.

And should it happened to have lots of things on your mind and just need some content written, there are always sites like fiverr, odesk, iwriter who can hire somebody to write it for you.

I was looking just out of interest to try get content for my personal blog written a little faster etc but tbh as you've mentioned I could probably type it a lot faster anyway!

banners
Back