“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Spamming will be eradicated by 2006

Spamming will be eradicated by 2006

• No, you cannot eradicate Spamming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You can reduce Spamming but not eradicate it completely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Whatever idea its based on as long as I receive less Spam than I get every day at the moment I will be happy :)

temi said:
Whatever idea its based on as long as I receive less Spam than I get every day at the moment I will be happy :)

I'm not Bill, and this is not 2006... but there are solutions to this problem already :idea:. Just take a look at these stories:
http://www.involution.com/spamstats.php
http://www.hostingireland.ie/antivirus-spam.php

I am currently only using AMaViSd + SpamAssassin + F-Prot and that stops about 70-75% of SPAM and 100% of viruses. I hear that by combining it with Pyzor/Razor, DCC, Bogofilter and RBL checks you can get over 90% of SPAM out of your inbox. Now, if after all these you are "training" the filters of SpamAssassin, Bogofilter, etc. you can get in a few months as high as 99,99%. It requires a little effort, but it actually works, and it works now. 8)

Alex,
The solution you are talking about are solution for a few machine, Gates is talking about global solution where spammers are put out of business completely though cooperation of all ISPs, software vendors etc etc. There are lots of solutions for you desktop only or your server etc but not comprehensive global solution like the one Gates, Yahoo, AOL and other big guns are working on at present.

temi said:
Alex,
The solution you are talking about are solution for a few machine, Gates is talking about global solution where spammers are put out of business completely though cooperation of all ISPs, software vendors etc etc. There are lots of solutions for you desktop only or your server etc but not comprehensive global solution like the one Gates, Yahoo, AOL and other big guns are working on at present.
I see your point... Well, good luck to mr. Gates then :)

It's all down to the penalties available to the courts.

I think we would see spam virtually eliminated if it was an automatic penalty to cut off their Goollies

smeagain said:
It's all down to the penalties available to the courts.

I think we would see spam virtually eliminated if it was an automatic penalty to cut off their Goollies

Indeed the legal solution would be the best but unfortunately it's not technically possible and that because the proof can so easily be forged. And this is where Gates & Co. comes in: changing the Internet from a relative chaos into an absolute order. Gates' order. A world in which no mail is sent without consent (their consent first, than yours) no file is exchanged without permission, no movie is seen on your own PC without being rightful for you to do so, a world where every move you make is under total control (not your control). Well, this will definitely elilminate SPAM. Oh, and freedom by the way, as well as privacy, confidentiality, etc. ... but hey, you'll get no more SPAM. :)

I personally don't have any state secrets on my PC, still the ideea that each program that wants to run will ask permission from Gates & Co.'s servers before actually starting to run seems... creepy. And that's their *great* plan to eliminate SPAM, viruses and other threats.

I'd like myself to see SPAM gone forever, but when the cure is worse than the disease, I'd think twice about using it...

temi said:
Bill Gates thinks Spamming will be eradicated by 2006, do you agree with him?
This will happen only if he changes the definition of SPAM to something else. With the propagation of the internet the world over. Some people are coming up with all forms of it.
Tall order from MS boss.

MI
Back