propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sony Vegas vs Camtasia Studio

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by btmdario, Dec 30, 2013.

1. btmdario

btmdario Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

Which one is better?

I need something HQ for creating HQ youtube videos and windows movie maker is cr**py!
    I want to make PRO videos and I need featured tool.

Any suggestion?

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

High quality videos can be assembled and blended with other works with Camtasia, but if you are importing videos you've made with a video camera, the quality of the camera video is dependent on the quality of the camera.

I haven't used Vegas Pro yet, but a friend of mine that uses it says that it has professional video editing features that cannot be found in Camtasia. Think of Camtasia as a platfrom to combine artistic works like a Power Point presentation along with a video from a cam. Vegas Pro is closer to an Adobe Premiere (which is what I use to edit my cam vids, then I often bring them into Camtasia so I can assemble them and add other features). I think I would enjoy Vegas Pro, but I've been using Premiere for so long that I wouldn't switch at this time.

Camtasia is more for assembling a presentation, Vegas Pro is touted as a professional video editing software.

Both have a free trial, so I would recommend you take advantage of this and decide which has the right feel for yourself.

1 person likes this.
  3. simobens

simobens Affiliate affiliate

I Use Camtasia for screen-recording and making Tutorials videos .
    For Editing Videos Adobe Premiere is the best one for me .
    i've not tested Sony Vegas ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. radium

radium Affiliate affiliate

Camtasia is mainly for screen recording and does good job with that. Sony Vegas is a decent video editing software but it's for Windows only and has a pretty old fashioned and complicated layout just like Avid. For a good, simple and professional Non-Linear Video Editing Software, I'd go for Adobe Premiere Pro.

I do my screen recording using QuickTime Player and editing with Premiere Pro.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jay Wessman

Jay Wessman Affiliate affiliate

I use camtasia to record my on screen stuff and then import it into Premiere Pro.

Can't really comment on Vegas but Premiere Pro is THE shit.

1 person likes this.
  6. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

ScreenFlow if you're on a Mac.

7. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

K, I didn't take you as a Mac Guy! Or do you do the PC & Mac dance having both at your fingertips? I've been thought about adding a Mac to see how it does with some of my graphics stuff.

8. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Despise PC's I'm Apple through and through - iMac, Pro, iPad, iPhone....

1 person likes this.
  9. btmdario

I think Camtasia should be even enough for editing too.

10. prince_prince

prince_prince Affiliate affiliate

Hey man I would recommend just Camtasia. I have been using version 7 to make all my videos for awhile

I have never had A problem with that software and the help you get on the website is also good to!

11. btmdario

Yep...Camtasia is awesome! I got it for free version 8 :D

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed