The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Sony Vegas vs Camtasia Studio

Dario

Which one is better?

I need something HQ for creating HQ youtube videos and windows movie maker is cr**py!
I want to make PRO videos and I need featured tool.

Any suggestion?

High quality videos can be assembled and blended with other works with Camtasia, but if you are importing videos you've made with a video camera, the quality of the camera video is dependent on the quality of the camera.

I haven't used Vegas Pro yet, but a friend of mine that uses it says that it has professional video editing features that cannot be found in Camtasia. Think of Camtasia as a platfrom to combine artistic works like a Power Point presentation along with a video from a cam. Vegas Pro is closer to an Adobe Premiere (which is what I use to edit my cam vids, then I often bring them into Camtasia so I can assemble them and add other features). I think I would enjoy Vegas Pro, but I've been using Premiere for so long that I wouldn't switch at this time.

Camtasia is more for assembling a presentation, Vegas Pro is touted as a professional video editing software.

Both have a free trial, so I would recommend you take advantage of this and decide which has the right feel for yourself.

I Use Camtasia for screen-recording and making Tutorials videos .
For Editing Videos Adobe Premiere is the best one for me .
i've not tested Sony Vegas ;)

Camtasia is mainly for screen recording and does good job with that. Sony Vegas is a decent video editing software but it's for Windows only and has a pretty old fashioned and complicated layout just like Avid. For a good, simple and professional Non-Linear Video Editing Software, I'd go for Adobe Premiere Pro.

I do my screen recording using QuickTime Player and editing with Premiere Pro.

ScreenFlow if you're on a Mac.

K, I didn't take you as a Mac Guy! Or do you do the PC & Mac dance having both at your fingertips? I've been thought about adding a Mac to see how it does with some of my graphics stuff.

K, I didn't take you as a Mac Guy! Or do you do the PC & Mac dance having both at your fingertips? I've been thought about adding a Mac to see how it does with some of my graphics stuff.

Despise PC's I'm Apple through and through - iMac, Pro, iPad, iPhone....

Which one is better?

I need something HQ for creating HQ youtube videos and windows movie maker is cr**py!
I want to make PRO videos and I need featured tool.

Any suggestion?

Hey man I would recommend just Camtasia. I have been using version 7 to make all my videos for awhile

I have never had A problem with that software and the help you get on the website is also good to!

Hey man I would recommend just Camtasia. I have been using version 7 to make all my videos for awhile

I have never had A problem with that software and the help you get on the website is also good to!

Yep...Camtasia is awesome! I got it for free version 8 :D

MI
Back