The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Social Networks= NoFollow=Redundant ranking method?

mattyk

affiliate
Hi guys I am under the impression that link building using social networks DoFollows has changed, as many of the said networks now are NoFollows.

Therefore is the strategy of building up followers in order for them to backlink to your sites via social networks a redundant strategy now? To my knowledge Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and perhaps Tumblr no longer work for 'link juice' ranking? Am I correct here? Cheers

This is a notable question. I was wondering the same thing today. I have a relatively large following on tumblr with lots of reblogs and likes, yet I see almost none of the backlinks indexed in G.

The thing with tumblr, Pinterest, etc is that if people like your stuff, they share it. It's relevant, and proves that you are popular.

I can't think of anything else that screams "relevant" and wanted to The search engines aside from other organize like mentions on big corporate news sites...

Everything tells me that this is still relevant to search engines, but I'm not seeing it reflected in my own experience.

Social is organic. Maybe it just takes a lot of time for the engines to find, index, and rank you?

Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks!0

My experience with social networks has been good with the latest site I have built. I have only posted/built links on social networks have been able to rank for quite a few good keywords generating over 1k in visitors a day. (Site is less than 6 months old)

I have found that posting my stuff out across social accounts there was a lot of people who would repost my stuff out to forums, personal blogs and websites where these links do count.

A big plus is having that social proof. For example if you have large accounts such as a few thousand followers looks a lot better than accounts just a couple or none.

Also just exposure... Getting stuff out there! As TheNothing mentioned if you're able to get something viral your brand/page can gain so much more exposure.

So I guess I look at building social accounts more than just the backlinks it is also the exposure, social proof etc.

Here are my stats from the website I built just using social.
Capture4.PNG

Gus, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

It's cool when people share out to non-social properties as well. Forums, blogs, etc... It seems like you're getting juice from different angles. Are you targeting long tails? 1K a day is very nice traffic indeed!

Thanks!

Yeah I am quite happy how well it is going and just continues to build!

Yep targeting long tail keywords, currently I am getting to within 1st-2nd page within just a few days of posting it out now.

Yeah I am quite happy how well it is going and just continues to build!

Yep targeting long tail keywords, currently I am getting to within 1st-2nd page within just a few days of posting it out now.
Gus, that's awesome! It's cool to see social have a nice effect on ranking, as it really is proof of relevancy in many cases, when people share your stuff cause they, you know, like it haha. I'm getting more traffic as well as a result. It takes a while to build and it's more work, but it's pretty cool.

MI
Back