The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Social Bookmarking

L

lauraddirectnet

Can anyone explain to me what social bookmarking is. Things lilke del.icio.us..ect.

Thanks!

From what I've seen, del.icio.us, et al is like the bookmarks in your browser where you can save websites, urls to online articles, etc, but this time your bookmarks reside in del.icio.us server so that you can access it online from any PC.

del.icio.us lets you share your bookmarks to the public, to restricted individuals, or simply keep it private for your own personal use.

What I haven't quite figured out is how to use social bookmarkings for website promotion.

Renato

kbldshmn said:
What I haven't quite figured out is how to use social bookmarkings for website promotion. Renato

Hi Renato,

I'm currently writing an eBook on this for a client. I'm about to test it out on my own domains, but apprently the sharing of bookmarks is huge in certain circles. When your link is shared with one person, and they add it to their bookmark and share it with their contacts, it just spreads...

I'll let you know how it goes once I do it myself :)
tiff

Thank you I will have to look into it. I am trying to find the best sources for affiliates and also to spread the word about our program.. This sounds like something I will have to check out. Let us know how it works out for you. Have you ever considered signing up as a merchant with an affiliate company?

banners
Back