The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SiteMap submission Confusion

Matt Byrne

affiliate
Hi everyone

My name is Matt Byrne and i am new to the forum.

I have recently started work at a new company which has a number of websites, all of which are currently being rebuilt on the platform Websphere Commerce, with a Mercado Search facility running on this.

The currently live sites have not had a great deal of time and effort made on them in respect of SEO, which is currently being addressed as part of teh rebuild.

An element of this that I would like to understand is the best way for us to submit our sites to the major search engines through an XML sitemap. Either of the aforementioned products can generate a sitemap, but having read a number of old posts from people on various sites it looks like we need to generate a form of XML sitemap and have a link to this in our robots.txt file.

Is there a simple solution for being able to create this full XML sitemap?

The site is retail and therefore products will be added all of the time, how would we need to deal with this in the XML sitemap/does anyone have any suggestions for a tool that would update this sitemap automatically etc.

Once the sitemap has been generated what do we have to do to actually get Google, Yahoo and MSN to look at them and then keep coming back.

Sorry for such a vast amount of questions, but as I say I keep reading old, slightly conflicting threads and was hoping for an up to date viewpoint - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt,
Welcome to UK WW. Instead of addressing your question I think the best way is to point you to a place where you will get detailed info on how to create site map for your site at Google Webmaster page and here is the link

After reading that, if you still have any issues, please let us know.
Thanks

MI
Back