Should I re-write the Newbie 411?

Should I update it?

• Yes

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Yes....... Get to work boy! :)

On a serious note, Newbie411 is a great source of information and continues to be relevant so it would be good to get a fresh update.

I'm waiting for my hoodie. Should be here soon hopefully. It's starting to get cold on my side of the pond! ;)

How about a big "Start Here" button or link?

The "wiki" looks good, but that word just makes me want to fall asleep.

EDIT: Now I see the 'basic' and 'advanced' links, but should I go there, or to the wiki, or to the 411, which I do not see?

Last edited:
Great idea. Im fairly new to affilaitefix but not the industry.

Having the levels of experience is great! Gives readers a chance to understand the basics and feel a sense of achievement when they gain more knowledge and move on to advanced etc

I vote a resounding YES! I found it really helpful. I'll even happily download the revised copy, especially if you add specifics on how to handle not being able to get any advertisers to accept your direct links, or what to do with those spots in the network interface that ask about redirection, tracking pixels and the like. In idiot-proof terms, preferably.

Really like the wiki but I like having the info all in one place on my hard drive, too. Even if I'm not online, I can read it in its entirety, no matter where I am.

it helped me a lot when I started. So It would be a great help for newbies if you update it. Also, we are getting close to that '50 yes' mark. :D

I think you're up to 38 now K, why wait till 50. Of course I could post 12 more times for you... kidding. People are still reading and using the data in Newbie411, since this is the case, they should have an updated version. Also, I'll bet there are quite a number of tasty morsels in our forum and our Dojo that may make for great additions to the 411. Just sayin'. It's part of your "Free Line" and should be updated.

banners
Back