The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should I Host Prosper202 & Websites on the same Server?

trevorharris

affiliate
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if I should have my tracking program (Prosper202) on the same server as my landing pages?

Because these guys have a dedicated service for only Prosper202 (no hosting websites).
Prosper 202 Hosting | Hostwinds

I'm already hosting my sites on HostGator.

Should I just upgrade to a HostGator VPS, host both my websites & Prosper202?

Or should I keep my current shared hosting HostGator account, and get a separate server for Prosper202, like the one above?

Thanks!
Trevor

Oh man, just use Voluum and save all the trouble. I do not know what stage you are in, but if you are a beginner, and based on the questions you are asking, save the trouble of hosting your own tracker and use Voluum. Its cheaper for now.

As soon as your traffic volume gets to a point of need for additional performance enhancements, you can always increase the servers features to handle both the tracker and your traffic. However, as a matter of not having all of your eggs in the same basket, it's wise to run the tracker on its own VPS.

Always interesting to see the sides take form when a discussion about self hosted and not self hosted trackers gets underway. There are great benefits to both. It's been my experience that this conversation will never end for the average marketer.

For a time I used BEVO and had great success with it. Then I split my tracking between CPVLab and BEVO. Then a friend had developed his own self hosted tracker and I used that almost exclusively for a few years. Now, because the code is outdated as well as some of the features, it's time for me to move on again. This time I am going to do a split test with AdsBridge and Voluum and Thrive.

Thanks everyone!

I think I'll start with Voluum. That definitely seems like a good place to start. And then I might host Prosper202 myself at some point.

And I'll get a VPS for my landing pages.

One more question.

Let's say I have a really powerful dedicated server, would I be able to have great performance for both landing pages & my tracker?

Or is it still a better idea to host landing pages & tracker on their own servers?

Thanks!

Theoretically, I'd say yes. But there will be a lot of factors to come in. Just keep monitoring the server for system resources, so you would know if there's a problem coming.
1.gif

MI
Back