Should I cloak my aff links

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
In the Bevo interface, when setting up a campaign, I am asked whether or not to cloak my links. Should I be cloaking my aff links in my ads and on my pages?

Thanks, T J

Personally I always do. There are many great reasons why you should, potential for increased clickthrough, cleanliness, easier for tracking and amendments etc, the list goes on!

Thanks Andy,

Do you know if any of the Networks, like Peerfly, have any objections to cloaking links?

T J

How do I set them to no-follow?

I use the WordPress plugin "Pretty Link Lite", which enables cloaking and also provides the no-follow option.

+ I forgot to mention: There is also the possibility to enter the appropriate snippet into the code.
(The plugin is more comfortable.)

Thanks Marc,

Yeah, I do have no follow attribute customization in my WP installs, but my Landing Pages for current campaigns are all HTML.

I found this on Google, I just need to figure out where to append it to an aff link.

T J

I'm just starting out and always curious about cloaking.

When i cloak, does it mean they do not know which link or site i'm using? While cpc networks is unavoidable, but cpa is allowed?

In what circumstances that networks will ask for the actual site?

I'm just starting out and always curious about cloaking.

When i cloak, does it mean they do not know which link or site i'm using? While cpc networks is unavoidable, but cpa is allowed?

In what circumstances that networks will ask for the actual site?

Hey dtdwaff,

Sometimes you have to have custom landing pages approved by your AM before running traffic to the page. One of the networks told me not to cloak my links until the vendor had approved the LP.

As well, cloaking will protect you from hijacking. I don't know much about it yet, I do know that affiliates have had their campaigns hijacked in the past and that cloaking is an insulator against this theft.

Here is a link that can give you some basic information. What is Affiliate link cloaking definition : The digital marketing glossary : illustrated terms and definitions

T J

banners
Back