The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Shоuld I pаy mоnthly fееs tо аn аffiliаtе nеtwоrk

Benoit W

affiliate
Pоpulаr quеstiоn : Shоuld I pаy mоnthly fееs tо аn аffiliаtе nеtwоrk аnd whаt sоrt оf pеrсеntаgе fее shоuld I pаy? Is it ОK tо usе mоrе thаn оnе Аffiliаtе Nеtwоrk?

Thеrе is nо singlе аnswеr tо this quеstiоn. It dеpеnds оn соmpеtitiоn in yоur niсhе аnd mаrkеt mаturity. In gеnеrаl, mоnthly fее is usеd tо аvоid "dеаd" аffiliаtе prоgrаms thаt dоеsn't gеnеrаtе аny rеvеnuе fоr thе nеtwоrk. It's а mоtivаtiоn fоr аdvеrtisеrs tо dо аnything аnd dоn't lеаvе thеir prоgrаms оn аutо-pilоt.

Tо gеt аn idеа аbоut pеrсеntаgе yоu саn rеgistеr аs аn аffiliаtе in аll mаjоr nеtwоrks аnd сrеаtе а list оf оffеrs similаr tо yоurs аnd thеir соmmissiоns, dеfinе whiсh оnеs pеrfоrm thе bеst in tеrms оf ЕPС аnd mоst likеly thеy will shаrе prеtty thе sаmе соmpеnsаtiоn mоdеl аnd аmоunt.

At some point you may have to sign up and spend some money to find out which networks work out best too. Isn't that right?
And how reliable are reviews given on different forums, and review sites?

Hi Benoit W,

First and foremost: I don’t know of any Affiliate Networks which require the payment of fees.

Usually, each Affiliate Network has its own Rev-Share system already implemented. The Affiliate Network is connected to the offers and pays a value of X to the affiliates for their promotion.

Wanna use more than one Affiliate Network? Great idea. Why? Because, the more affiliate networks you play with, the higher the probability of actually making some money. It also gives you the chance to optimize your traffic: the more different affiliate networks you know, the more experience you’ll gain and therefore the fewer mistakes you’ll make.

Imagine you have both mobile and desktop traffic. You should pick two different affiliate networks - one that’s best for your Mobile Traffic; another which is more suited to your Desktop Traffic.

On Mobidea, for instance, we give a Rev-Share rate of 80%. It’s flat and it never changes.

With us, you know what you’re getting. No guesswork.

Our affiliates have given us positive feedback, regarding our Rev-Share as quite the generous one.

Hope this helped!

forum_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Benoit W, I agree with advice given to you in this thread.

I havent heard of any affiliate networks that requieres any pаyment of mоnthly fееs.

I also agree on the advice about using more then one network, also known as split testing. Split testing with various networks is always a recommended method of working, this is basic advice that you will get from most of your fellow affiliatefixers :)

@djfixer asks "how reliable are reviews given on different forums, and review sites?" Well, maybe some advice could be: if you see them on several forums across the industry, if they are constant, they give active advice and colaborate on the forums, if they have other clients comment positively on their company threads, specially if no client has called them out in a negative way etc., I´d say its usually a good sign.

Hope our collective notes will help you better understand how a reliable network should work!

If you do consider doing split testing and your working on mobile traffic, here Kimias company thread on affiliatefix (we are a premium CPA performance network) : Official - Kimia | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

You can find us on other forums as well or contact me directly through skype: mlopezarranz :)

Happy to help!

Hey @Benoit W
That is good question but all the other answers are correct. Not a single network that I know of will make you pay fees to use them. If Affiliate is earning then that network is earning with him so it is win win situation.

And for testing other networks I agree with you on that, you need to test every network you want and then to see what is the best network for you.

Good luck and I hope you make good choices for you!
http://www.affiliatefix.com/members/benoit-w.33740/

My advise is that you should run affiliate programs that of different GEO and without monthly fee.
I don't think it is necessary to choose affiliate programs that need to charge monthly fee. I have tried a lot of affiliate programs, and comes to this conclusion: those affiliate program who claims to have account manager for you they are not as devoted as you think they would be, so in the end, you are still on your own. Besides, those charge affiliate fee would normally scare merchants away therefore less publishers as well. All in a word, NOT GOOD FOR THE PRICE.
About your second question, it depends on if the affiliate network you are running are of different GEO, and with different network, and again, you would have to find out. I tried to run several affiliate program at the same time, and turned out there are a lot of overlap publishers and so a lot overlap transactions, i had to spend a lot of time voiding overlap publishers/transactions, it's really not worth the time.
Simply speak from my experience.

MI
Back