The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Setting the correct website colour?

gkd_uk

Hi

How do you decide which colour to use on a website? Some people don't mind the bright colours and some hate the bright colours, so how do you keep it so it is just right?

It's not always about what you like - website is created for your visitors.

Some color combinations may be great for the picture and very catchy but not so easy on the eye after few minutes.

This is especially important if you expect users to stay on your site for a while and read some text...

I think one of the worst choices I saw is the bright (not white) color text on the dark background.

I always go with something I like - unfortunately that means bright green on every website!! :p

If the client has employed Designers to produce brochures or even coloured Business Cards, you can get an idea of their Corporate Preferences. However if there are no clues like that to go on, you need to sit down with some form of Colour Demo so you can easily change background and font colours until between you some combination of colours comes out ahead.

If it is Your Own Site then please yourself and go along with what You like combined with your judgement of what is acceptable and/or pleasing to your target market. sector.

MI
Back