The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Seo

my website's been running for about a little over a month now and i'm getting some decent traffic. i know the value of getting links on search engine rankings. i used the links popularity check and saw that i had 24 links to my site and over half of them were from pages on my own site. my google PR is 0... does this mean i'm not indexed? also, if i buy a couple of links from high ranking websites, how much would my rankings improve? my competion have about 200-300 links (but none from google).

Couple tidbits for you.

Links from your own site won't count much and if they are on the same host and IP I think they could possibly even hurt you.

PR 0 does not mean your not indexed. When you search for "Your Site Name" does your site come up?

Buying links may or may not help. Gman knows about many of the major sites that sell links for PR and may discount some of them. The links that count the most are highly relevant links in your niche. So for instance if you had a site about web design and could get listed on web design directories and especially if you joined a web design assoc or something like that, it would carry more weight than just high PR links from unrelated sites.

Anyone else???

Linda Buquet said:
Couple tidbits for you.

Links from your own site won't count much and if they are on the same host and IP I think they could possibly even hurt you.

I often hear that, but I am not sure if that's the case.

I have a couple of sites and some of them are on the same server, I cannot say I noticed anything bad.

FFMG

takingbacksunday said:
I emailed a couple of webmasters in my niche for links, but they don't respond. What do you think of link exchanging websites?

I don't mind, but like you said, it has to be in my niche and at least the same PR.

I have a couple of PR5/6/7 and the higher the PR the more careful you have to be.

Link exchange is not the magic bullet, it will not drive traffic to you. It is only one of the tools.

You can try articles writing for example, a blog.

FFMG

MI
Back